Tuesday, April 13, 2010

and the spree continues

As I await the Cynthia Vincent for Target® collection to officially release on April 18 so I can buy the women's Cynthia Vincent for Target® Gladiator Wedge Sandals in Cognac, the gorgeous wedge you can see displayed below, I continue to troll this great, vast land we call the Internet for more things to bleed my portafoglio dry.


I landed on walmart.com today. If it were those days before I was AMEX-ed and inducted into comGateway, I would go through the site and just pick and choose things into my virtual shopping cart. Then I'd get snippy about the fact I couldn't actually buy the things. But now, after the confidence boost of both AMEX and my first comGateway experience, I am now unhesitant in taking on the US-based sites that tell me I am not eligible to get their stuff.

Although I'm definitely far from a tween and am not even within sniffing distance of teen, I found the Wal-Mart Miley Cyrus & Max Azria collection appealing. There are some cute, not too young stuff available and I loike! I got myself the Juniors Cinch-Waist Tunic in white stripes and the Juniors Knit Boyfriend Blazer in ebony black.


I admit, I own a ton of black blazers, the latest being my vintage buy off of eBay, but I couldn't resist this black blazer in cotton jersey. The material is light and perfect for swanning around in hot climates such as this country where I live and work. I also have a number of tunics but I couldn't resist this pinstripe waist-cinched version. I'm a sucker for stripes. What else can I say?


Oh, and since I've been very good about exercising, I got myself the Fruit of The Loom 3-pack tank sports bra. Might as well expand my sports attire closet.


In a wholly seperate purchasing incident, I got myself the MAC Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick. I can't be sure but I think this is my first official lipstick buy. I'm usually more of a gloss/balm kinda gal. Anywho, I actually really like the Gaga colour and wanted to get that one as well but I don't think my more Asian skintone can carry off that kind of shade well. When comparing the two shades, the Cyndi hue is more flattering on a myriad of skintones.


However, right after I got that, I remembered that MAC and Liberty of London also had a collaboration going on with the cutest prints on the tube and I nearly succumbed and got another MAC lippie from that range but once I figured I just wanted it because the tube was printed with images of pretty peacocks and flowers on a white background, I resisted the urge. I can't tell you how much I wanted too though. I'm a little proud of me. This may be the year of living frivolously but I'm glad common sense still makes an appearance every now and then :)