Monday, February 7, 2011

if there's anything I've learned from blogging.....

it's that I CANNOT pass up a deal!

Sigh. JewelMint sent me a V-Day promo email - Buy a $60 gift card for $30. I had recently declined this month's selection as I'm trying to not spend unnecessarily even though there were pieces I was interested in.

Then I got this email and I couldn't help myself! I didn't even take 5 minutes to think about it - I logged in to my JewelMint account and looked at the gift card section to see if the promo was going on and 5 seconds later I had purchased it.....

Of course, the next thing I did was keep on refreshing my inbox to see if my eGift card to myself had arrived and the moment it did, I IMMEDIATELY redeemed it. What I did spend some time on was choosing which bauble I wanted to get this time. I could get 2 pieces straightaway and I was seriously contemplating it but decided to just go for one thing this month and save the credit for the other piece for another time.

I looked over two rings and a couple of bracelets but finally settled on this:

It is named the Trinity Bracelet. As can be seen, it's a set of three chain bracelets in gold, silver and rose gold, measuring 7 1/2" each. It's simple, elegant and perfect for everyday - as described on the product page :D

Can anyone hazard a guess as to why I eventually went for this? No? Aside from the fact that I think it's a classy staple for my jewelry collection, the fact that there's three of 'em certainly is a major plus.

I decided to take that approach with JewelMint. I figure I'm paying $29.99 every time for any piece from the JewelMint collection right? So if I can stretch out my $29.99 on pieces that contain multiples, I can divide the $29.99 with the number of pieces :D In this case, it would mean $29.99 divided by 3 and essentially, each bracelet cost me $10. That's not too bad overall. And since I have one more store credit for free cos of the $30 for $60 deal, whatever my next purchase is will also be factored into this $29.99 so then the cost for each item goes down even further. Hence why I love and can't resist promos like this!