Thursday, August 18, 2011

my lil june bag

Ok, I guess my play on words this time doesn't really come across well - june bag = june bug but I don't think it came off that way. It just sounds like what it is I think.....

So as I continue my retroactive blogging journey on things that have waaaay passed, I thought I'd talk about this gorgeous drawstring bucket bag that I got back in June. Makes sense now? Bag gotten in June = June bag = June bug. Ok, ok, I will stop trying to explain my completely lame word play. I'll even try to stop doing the whole word play thing, I have no idea why I find that so amusing, hehehe. No promises though, I have an intense liking for being wordy like that.

Back in March/April, I started getting pretty obsessed about finding the perfect drawstring bucket bag. I looked high and low for what I deemed the perfect one and for a while all I could find that somewhat suited my criteria was the Louis Vuitton Petit Noe. Why was it that it only somewhat appealed to me? Price tag of course! Btw, totes obsessed with Jessie J's Price Tag ditty. Although the drawstring bucket bag is a classic design, I didn't want to spend soooo much on it. I had a look on malleries.com which is a site that sells pre-loved designer goods and saw a few of the Petit Noes but I still wasn't convinced.

Finally, I can't particularly remember how I came across it, but I found the bag that ticked all the criteria on my checklist - the Fossil 'Vintage Reissue II' Leather Drawstring Shoulder Bag. At the time I got this bag, it was on sale at nordstrom.com for $124.90 from the RRP of $188.00 and it was the only site that had it at a discount. Now that I had found the bucket bag of my dreams, I wasn't about to let hesitancy get in the way of my owning it. I just checked out Nordies and the bag's price has dropped to an even lower $93.90. Do I regret buying it earlier? Honestly - no. I love my bag so much that I do not care that I paid a lil bit more for it. Sure, the few extra bucks would have been nice but I wouldn't have gotten my hands on it already if I had waited.

The reason why I love this bag as much as I do is the fact that it has the most perfect bucket shape to it. Also, the bag can be carried at 2 different lengths -either on the shoulder with the shorter leather handle or crossbody with the longer canvas strap. Overall, the construction is sturdy, the lining is cotton and it was not made in China. If anything, I think I have made it clear that if I can avoid it, I will not buy designer-ish things made in China cos I have had experience where I got some Calvin Klein sunnies that were made in China break on me for no reason. Once bitten, twice shy and all that jazz. The interior has a deep zippered compartment and 2 wall pockets. It is very roomy despite not outwardly looking big. I was able to fit my XL Tintimar handbag pouch and my iPad into the bag and still be able to tie up the drawstring. Granted, it was a bit of a squeeze but it fit and that's whats important :)

Anyways, this is perhaps my favourite buy for the year bag-wise. However, I don't think this will be my last bag purchase cos I have finally managed to find one of my coveted bags, the Linea Pelle Dylan messenger in the shade espresso, going on sale for quite a discount and am seriously tipping towards getting it. I'll update if I do :) Oh, and my LP tees have finally shipped so WOOOHOO!

DISCLAIMER: Product display image came from Nordstrom.com