Friday, March 28, 2014

the bedroom project 2014

In preparation for my very likely move back to Homeland, I've been reclaiming my old attic room back home, which had been turned into storage space, and redecorating. Previously, anytime I am back home I would simply crash in my mom's room on her floor. Lol, typing it out makes it all sound so vagabond and sad :D. Anyways, after the stuff that went down in Workland went down, I feel it's pretty much inevitable that I'll be moving back to Homeland and living with my parents. Lol, that sounds sad as I type it out but in all honesty Asians do such things and aren't ashamed of it. Plus, I'm single, it's completely okay :)
Anywho, since I have had a place to myself for the past 6 years, living with quite a number of people again will be a total adjustment for me. I have an intense need for solitude sometimes so i knew that my mother's bedroom floor was only workable for a short amount of time. Long term, I would need to get my own space. So began the big bedroom overhaul project.

Earning your own money certainly allows you more liberties in decorating choices. Instead of whatever my parents deemed was good enough, I can spend my own money however I want in order to achieve the aesthetics I want. And apparently I am going for an English vintage farmhouse vibe. In a black and white palette. Surprisingly, I have an inherent need to deck my space in white furniture which I would have been loathed to do not too long ago. But somehow, when I decided the theme I was going for, all I could envision going with the concept was decked in white.

Hence, the majority of the furniture I have gotten is in white. I mainly went through IKEA for the bigger furniture and accent pieces but I also have gotten more than a few things from deal sites like LivingSocial.com and Groupon too.

From Ikea, I have gotten the following:

Malm 4 Drawer Chest


Kvart Floor Lamp With 3 Spot

Laborg Low Pile Rug


Napen Clothes Stand With Cover


Knodd Bin With Lid

There were some things that I wanted but were OOS, so I will have to wait for them to become available which I hope is soon. Like the bed I want which is the Hemnes Day Bed With 3 Drawers below:


And the accompanying polyutherane foam mattress, SULTAN FLORVÅG:


Then there are these items which I recently decided I wanted:


I want to get 2 of these Aneboda wardrobes though right now quantities are limited so I might go for the wardrobe I originally wanted which is a tad more pricier, the Musken 2 Doors + 3 Drawers wardrobe below:


From Groupon I got these two accent pieces:


This full length mirror that also doubles as a jewelry case. And also this steel stand rack, though The pic's grainy since I had to crop the original image:


And last (for now) but not least, from LivingSocial I snagged this rolling side table which I am gonna use as my nightstand:


All in all this project is gonna cost me close to $1000. This isn't inclusive of the decor pieces I have already purchased prior like the art I have from Typo. Anyways, although the room is cleared and cleaned up, it's really only half liveable since I have an enormous collection of IT books from my learning days that I have no where to put right now. That's also not to forget the large collection of novels I also possess. All of them are just sitting in boxes on my new carpet. I haven't had the time to sort them out since I had to come back to Workland. I should be going back soon, I just don't exactly have a date yet. My life's kinda up in the air right now, lol.