Friday, October 8, 2010

it's a lil bit early but.....

I am currently deciding on next year's birthday gift to myself and I believe I've settled on a great choice.

Next year is going to be a milestone birthday for me (that's plenty revealing, isn't it?) and I want to commemorate it by getting something truly special for myself. This means nothing frivolous like a handbag or shoes or sunnies. I'm turning to good old fashioned jewelry and I'm looking at good old Tiffany for it.

I've talked about wanting a Tiffany piece for ages and I've never taken the plunge - mainly cos I could not justify buying pretty trinkets for myself on a whim. But with my upcoming birthday, I'll have a really excellent reason to splurge.

I've mentioned my love for the Tiffany Signature ring and the Tiffany Bead Bracelet but I feel these 2 pieces are inadequate for my milestone birthday and so I looked around for better, more meaningful options and finally I settled on the Tiffany Link clasp bracelet. It's a basic link clasp bracelet in 18k gold and is 7.5" long. The links open and close making it the perfect charm bracelet. I decided on getting just the bracelet and buying a charm of my own choosing instead of going for one of the already paired pieces. The bracelet retails at USD1800.


I plan on my first charm being the Tiffany Notes Letter Disc Charm. It goes for USD250. I feel that this is most appropriate as my first charm as it gives my (potential) bracelet its sense of identity. I love the cursive script of the Tiffany Notes design. The combo of the two is understated and elegant - just how I like to portray myself, hehehe. Basically, I just don't want people to instantly recognize the pieces as Tiffany jewelry.


I plan on adding at most 6 charms - one a year - and am thinking my next one will be either the Eiffel Tower, San Fran tram or NYC taxi to signify my love of travel and a place I've stepped foot in. Or I could get the bejweled suitcase charm for that. Other charms I'm interested in include the four leaf clover charm for luck (:D), the fish charm to represent my sign and an Etoile heart charm as a symbol of love. A last piece I would add if I could be extravagant would be the Jean Schlumberger Egg Charm with diamonds which retails at USD7500, lol. Perhaps that will be a buy for another milestone moment - who knows :)

Disclaimer: Images are from Tiffany.com