Saturday, February 16, 2013

turning another year older.....

Every year, my group of besties will buy each other a gift of our own choosing during our birthday. We each are in charge for the person whose birthday is right before ours. I am the person-in-charge (PIC) for the preggy one who wanted an iPad mini which is currently on the way from Shenzen, China to Homeland. Her birthday is on the 25th of this month and I put things in motion way back in January since her due date will be about the time of her birthday as well. I didn't want my PIC duties to get swallowed up by her having her first child and getting delayed. I know, selfish of me but great for her cos she gets her prezzie earler.

I, too, am getting my gift one month earlier to the date. Only because there was only one left of the main thing I wanted so the purchase needed to go through ASAP. This year, I decided to ask my besties for some stuff from that Homeland site I'm so addicted to. The PIC for my birthday is the bestie who is currently working in Singapore and when I gave her my list, she promptly got on it and my goodies are en route to my house in Homeland as I type. Everything totaled to about USD135.50.



The number one item on the list was the Kelsi Dagger Molly pumps. I am looking for another pair of appropriate shoes for work. The Jessica Simpson wedges I'm using are getting beaten up pretty good and I need to have a backup cos those wedges look like they're gonna come to the end of their life soon. Which dooes disappoint me slightly since I've had them for less than a year. Perhaps I shoould be kinder to my shoes :)

Then I decided I wanted the sleeveless blazer from the brand Something Borrowed. I've been wanting a more office-appropriate vest to wear and I feel this might fill my criteria. Another vest purchase was the long vest with pockets from the brand Musso. I've been completely relying on my waterfall vest I got from Thailand 4 years ago and although still in relatively awesome condition, I feel like I need to have a backup just in case. This vest might not be as great as my Jatujak vest but maybe it'll serve me well. Lastly, I decided to pick up this Ethnic Chic Isabella peplum dress. My love-hate affair with peplum continues. I've had quite a few missteps with peplum. The Cotton On peplum top was a tad too short but I overcome that by constantly stretching it longer. The one I got from Homeland site earlier last month was ill-fitting through the sleeves but I fixed that by cutting off the sleeves and making it into a sleeveless peplum top :D I'm crossing my fingers that third times the charm, hehehe. And it's hot pink!

DISCLAIMER:
All images belong to the Homeland site and not moi.