Thursday, August 22, 2013

SPA-Francochamps could not roll around fast enough!

I know it's called "Silly Season" but this year's F1 rumour mill has been spinning out of control! And at the center of the teacup is my very own, Kimi Raikkonen :D

Kimi, Kimi, Kimi. Kimi to Red Bull. Kimi stays with Lotus. Kimi in Ferrari red again. And ubelievably, the latest "news" is that McLaren are courting the Iceman too! Kimi agrees to go to Red Bull. Kimi has signed some kind of contract with Ferrari. Kimi is waiting on Lotus to sort out their finances. Kimi and Alonso to swap driving seats (as if it were that easy *let me include major eye-rolls*)

I love Kimi in F1 and I totally expect him to be driving next season and I'm completely curious about the where/who he'll be driving but the 3-week break after the Hungary GP just made ALL F1 journos go a bit bat-shit crazy. I don't think I've read as many conflicting, outlandish "news" reports about the key cog (oxymoron, much?) in the drivers' market before this year. Even 2009 when, yet again, Kimi was the center of major speculation - as well as what I truly believe was a subversive PR war against him - the "newsmen" didn't get it too all over the place as it is now.

If there's something I could say to these F1 journalist - FFS, calm the eff down! We'll know when it's time. Yes, I have a burning curiosity but I'm not making a fool of myself every other day making "educated" guesses about Kimi Raikkonen's next drive in the mainstream media! The amount of about-turns I've read from some outlets is laughable. Seriously, Kimi, was this your intention? Let's play all these reporters and get 'em back for the shit they've thrown at you? I wouldn't be too phased if he was having a major laugh at the reports out there :D

Now that SPA is upon us, THANK YOU! Maybe we can get back to the actual racing instead of the watercooler gossip we've had to deal with for the past month! Oh, and if Kimi does land at Ferrari next year.....sigh.....you are really making it tough on me, Kimi, really tough.

UPDATE:
Think I was overstating the crazy reporting.....


I rest my case.