Tuesday, October 15, 2013

first taste of.....cronuts!

Was in Bangkok recently for a work-related convention and on one of the days I made my way to my fave shopping spots, Siam Paragon. Whilst taking a break from the strenuous walking, we decided to try out Mandarin Oriental Shop's version of the now infamous pastry confection, cronuts. They actually spell it in a different way, which eludes my memory right now, due to the term "cronuts" being trademarked by the originator of the pastry trend. Ultimately, it's what the name suggest, the alliance of a croissant pastry shaped into a circle with a hole in the middle, cut in half and some filling in between the two halves. How this wasn't thought up sooner I don't know but kudos to the people who did cos it's now trending worldwide :D Oh, the lime soda was absolutely refreshing and just what was needed!