Monday, February 17, 2014

crushing weight of stress

You know when you feel stressed out your heart keeps aching from the feeling of impending doom? No? Not familiar with that feeling? Lucky you, then! Cos that's what I've been dealing with for the past couple of days once it became reality that a 'corporate takeover' thing is about to go down very soon and the inevitability of all hell breaking loose.....

I literally feel sick a lot of the time and not being able to share my feelings with certain personnel compounds the queasy feelings. Seriously, I am not built for all this office politicking. I am more of a - allow me to ad-lib Kimi Raikkonen, "Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing....and I'll make damn sure I'll do it well for you" kinda gal. I expect that my hard work will keep you satisfied because I don't devote this much time to it and not give you what you've paid for. And I don't need platitudes, I just want you to respect the work I've done.

However, the world of private sector and government departments do not work this way. So, I'm just tired, heavy-hearted and have an intense desire to cry. My appetite is also dimmed. I wish I could just sleep. For days. Not that I have trouble sleeping but I don't wake up feeling like I've had good sleep so I'm tired. Sigh. Let's just get this over and done with cos I truly just want this to be finished come hell or high water. Dramatics END.