Friday, December 18, 2009

what is the holiday season to me.....

if I don't go around spending money on things I don't need but want because I can't seem to control the overwhelming urge to spend money? Now that we've gotten my shopping impulses issues out there, I thought I'd post pics of my latest beauty purchase, the L'Occitane Discovery Set.


Aside from their bath products, I'm not a big fan of L'Occitane but when I spotted this set in a magazine, I just had to get it. My second sis is the L'Occitane worshipper and is actually a cardholder so when we went to one of the stores and were told they were in the middle of restocking, they offered to give her a call the moment the new shipment comes in cos the set was selling out faster than they could put it on the shelves.

And for good reason too. The set, which has some full size products retails in at just USD45. That's a really good deal considering the 2 50 ml riz rice bottles and the 2 full bar soaps alone would cost you 30 bucks! So when my sis got the call last week, I just didn't think about the fact I didn't need any of it nor the fact I just spent 20 pounds on a Bliss bath/body set in London, I told her to go right ahead and get me one too.

I've heard good stuff about their shampoos and have had a chance to try 'em out (via my other sis who doesn't know I occasionally nick a dollop every other time I'm at her house) so it's great that there's the 50 ml travel size shampoo and conditioners for me to try before I decide to jump into the higher end hair product pool (I'm just a head and shoulders gal for now). The set also includes the infamous L'Occitane Immortelle cream which is purported to be a "fountain-of-youth" sorta thing. I'm not quite sold but if it's there to be tested, might as well give it a go.


There's also a tube of hand cream and a purse size tin of shea butter salve. You can't have too many hand creams I say and isn't shea butter supposed to be good for everything? Once I finish the Bliss hand cream I got from Harrods, I can get started on the L'Occitane tube.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the ridiculously cute tote all of this beuaty goodness comes in. It's got a whole retro feel to it and since we're in the day and age of being more environmentally conscious, it's definitely an adorable and functional piece to be seen toting around with you when grocery shopping or whatever else. I usually buy these as flight tote bags cos I'm usually hauling a lot of crap as carry-on and don't want to carry a cabin luggage.

Unfortunately, just as is the case with my leatherbound books, the set's not here. I'm waiting for a visit from my mum, an aunt and aunt's friend in early January before I can get my hands on the stuff. But till then, I have these lovely piccies of my new beauty purchase to look at to tide me over :D