Friday, January 21, 2011

drugstore.com ढोना - जनवरी 2011

LOL, I am really making it my mission to post unfathomable titles! This time I closed my eyes and just clicked from the available translators and landed on Hindi! I'm just going with it......

Being a drugstore.com registered member, every time a purchase is made, I am awarded something called drugstore dollars. This is basically a 5% cashback on my total amount every time I spend on the site. The accumulated drugstore dollars can then be used for future purchases on the site every 3 months.

Since my first purchase back in November, I have accrued $6.19 in drugstore dollars which I have to spend in this month. If I don't the amount is forfeited. It's a good thing I do have some things I want to replenish and therefore won't have to (a) spend unnecessarily just because I don't want to 'waste' my free money AND (b) forfeit the amount which I'm loathe to do and is basically not in my nature.


First item up is something I've heard great things about but am only now going to try it out - the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. I have read rave reviews on this drugstore facial treatment and since I am running out of my Garnier brand masks, figured it would not hurt to give this a try. It has an average rating of 4.4/5 out of 382 reviews - I like them statistics. The description mentions that the Mint Julep Masque was developed by a dermatologist and that it helps dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores. It retails for $4.19.

Another item I've recently become obsessed about trying is the Ambi Fade Cream. My struggles with dark spots caused by overly pigment-producing skin is a constant bane in my existence. I am willing to try just about anything that claims to be able to reduce the appearance of my hyperpigmentation. The fact that this is a drugstore buy that comes with a drugstore price and not something pricey that would make me weep if it doesn't do what it says it does is a boon! It is supposed to visibly fades dark spots and skin discolorations for an even, natural skin tone with in 2 weeks. The cream contains Hydroquinone - which is a dermatologist recommended ingredient to safely fade dark spots, Alpha Hydroxy Acid - to help enhance results - and Vitamin E - to help soften and smooth skin. It is going for $3.53.

An item that came with an additional $3 bucks off coupon is the RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream. I don't know if it's my imagination or the fact that I have never been one to pay attention to the area under my eyes but towards the end of 2010, I noticed the beginnings of fine lines under my right eye. It freaked me out quite a bit and I have been diligently patting the area with my small sample tube of L'Occitane's Immortelle Precious cream. That's close to finishing so I figured it is time to invest in some eye cream. This French brand has had some rather excellent reviews and is even an Allure magazine Editor's Choice Award winner. It is on sale for $21.39 but with the $3 off coupon, I am getting it for $18.39. Plus, buying this item meant my entire order qualified for free shipping.

Fourth in line, we have the Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin. I have long hair that is hanging halfway down my back right now and usually put it up for work. But going through 8-hour days 5 times a week with my hair pulled back with scrunchies or hair ties tend to hurt at some point of the day or another. I have consistently read good stuff about this Goody product and thought it would not hurt to try this out if it'll alleviate the discomfort I go through with having my hair put up. It's basically 2 corckscrew like pins that will hold hair up in a secure yet less stressed bun. At $6.49 for the pair, I'll give it a go.

Fifth in the list is an item that I've heard so many good things about - the CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion mascara. I decided to go for the shade Very Black. If I'm honest, I have never actually bought a drugstore mascara before aside from a Maybelline clear mascara that I use to set my brows. The mascaras I own are all from Benefit - BadGal and Get Bent. I'm not a mascara snob by any means, I just don't know why I never thought to get drugstore mascara before this. Anywho, the mascara was going for $8.99 but had a $1 off coupon available as well as a 'Buy 1, Get 1 Eye Item for 50% Off' promo.

And so, lastly, to take advantage of the 50% off discount, I decided to get myself the CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 4 Kit Eyeshadow Set in Blossoms. This kit was on sale for $4.99 but with the 'Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off' promo, I managed to score this for $2.50! I went for this shade as it had the least offensive colour combo, lol. The other kits seemed a bit too overwhelmingly cheerful in my opinion :)

Oh, I forgot my two free samples. This timne around I decided to go for the StriVectin-SD Intensive Concentrate for Stretch Marks & Wrinkles and the Balance Bar GOLD Nutrition Energy Bar with Three Indulgent Layers in the flavour Chocolate Peanut Butter. These samples are $1.49 to buy but are free with any purchase from drugstore.com with no minimum purchase.

That's it for this drugstore.com haul. After deducting the $6.19 in drugstore dollars and an additional $5 for spending over 40 bucks (how can I not love drugstore.com!), I spent a total of $32. I'm hoping the next time I need to get something from this site, it'll be in April or May when I can use my drugstore dollars again!