Sunday, February 1, 2009

i was mad, now i'm not

BUT I'm still going to blog about it. Back home, I have 2 mobile numbers, from two different service providers. Like I mentioned before, I am a brand loyalist so I have had these lines for more than 5 years each. They are both prepaid numbers cos I figure it's easier to control line usage that way. Ever since being posted overseas, I have kept both numbers going, by topping up the balance every few months or when I receive a text to keep my line active. However, I was doing some online banking today and just as I decided to up the balance in one of my lines, I looked at the phone and instead of seeing the roaming service provider as per normal, it read 'Inactive SIM'.

WTH????? Just a couple of days ago, I received a text from the service provider gifting me 75 free sms-es, which I never use anyway, and suddenly without warning they render my SIM inactive? I had to call up my sister and get her to call the customer service for an explanation. Turns out, they have purged my number from their system and, not only that, any remaining balance was forfeited. I HAD OVER 150 BUCKS WORTH OF TALKTIME ON THAT LINE! I did not receive any warning text as per usual and they refuse to re-activate my line nor give me back the balance. I have been a customer of theirs for up to 10 years and this is how I'm treated????

So, I was initially fuming, all ready to write a scathing email to the customer service rep (I dunno, I've had to deal with a lot of customer service this year) but then I decided, forget it. I'm going to let it be. I'm annoyed, irritated beyond belief but if this is how it's meant to be then this is how it's going to be. I officially break up with you. I will no longer use you as my primary mobile service. I would have remained with you till the end of time but the way you have treated our relationship like it means nothing proves to me that you don't care and it's definitely time to move on. I still have my other number and I take it as a blessing in disguise, it's easier to control one line than 2. I don't live in the country for the majority of the year so what do I need 2 lines for.

In my efforts to be more zen this year, I write this to purge myself of the bad feelings evoked by this unfortunate incident.....and now I'm done. Nuff said.