Monday, October 10, 2011

F21 Columbus Day Spree

LOL, by this time, I have given up on myself. I, Zlena, love to shop and shop I will.

My Forever 21 Labor Day haul just arrived to Homeland last week (along with my OpenSky Sibu Sea Buckthorn health supplements). And then Columbus Day came along, I had a look at the site and ended up with a pair of jeans, pants and a tank. For a total of USD50.84.


The item I really wanted was the pants. I've been really liking this style for the past month or so and the week I was in Homeland, ended up getting myself a pair of harem pants - a style I thought I would NEVER get into. Surprisingly, the cut is really flattering and I can't wait to figure out how it'll fit into my wardrobe for the next couple of weeks. Anyways, I think these cuffed hem pants (as they are called) in the shade charcoal from Forever 21 look like a more tame version of the harem pants. I am really into the tapered leg look right now for reasons unknown :) The pants cost me a whopping USD24.80. Whopping because it wasn't on offer at all - got this full price. Something I rarely do but this shows how much I wanted the pants. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

I edited my cart multiple times during the two days I was mulling over the pants. An item I had in my cart even disappeared because of my wishy-washyness. I looked over a bunch of things and in the end, decided to "splurge" and get the Premium Denim Classic Wide Leg Jean in dark denim. The jeans are on trend with the whole seventies revival currently going on. Although if I'm honest, I feel like the seventies revival thing has been going on for the past couple of seasons :) Anywho, I own quite a number of jeans but sadly, I feel like none seem to flatter the figure anymore (reads: I feel fat). Instead of splurging on some designer denim, I thought I'd just get some Forever 21 premium jeans. This way, I do not need to be too bummed if the pants don't fit the way I imagine them. The jeans were going for a small discount as part of the site's Daily Specials. It normally costs $27.80 but on that day was going for $22.24. That's a savings of a lil over 5 bucks.

Last but not least, I decided to get the racerback tank in black that went for USD3.80. I bought a bunch of racerback tanks from F21 back in July which I liked and since I never got one in black, thought I might as well round out my 50 bucks for free shipping with this tank. I've been trying out ensembles with my newly acquired harem pants and found a combo of the racerback tank tucked into the pants and paired with my Sole Society Imola heels make for a combo that screams casual chic. Well, IMHO that is, lol.

I decided to give my AMEX a rest since it already is burdened with the YSL biker tote and put this on my other card. Surprisingly, this time F21 has managed this order relatively quick as I put the order in on Friday and the order has already received a tracking code. Usually it takes at least four days before there is a status change, sometimes longer. Not that I'm complaining cos then the stuff will arrive along with my Bluefly and Sole Society order. Oh, as well as my second order of Sibu Sea Buckthorn supplements from OpenSky. I haven't actually tried the stuff out but the other day I had 20 bucks worth of credit on OpenSky which needed to get used before they expired so I decided to go for another box of the supplements (which are USD21). I ended up paying just 5 bucks - four dollars for shipping and the balance of USD1 for the supplements. These should arrive in Portland by the end of this week - or so says the email from the OpenSky customer service. Whatever it is, all these things will be shipped to Homeland together and I'll be able to get them when I go back in early November. Hehe, the line rhymes. Lol, am such a nerd.

DISCLAIMER: Images all derived from Forever 21.