Saturday, December 15, 2012

i've cotton-ed on.....

.....to Cotton On. :D

Alright, ignoring my cheesy love of making puns - funny or otherwise - I did mention i had some online retail therapy courtesy of Cotton On. I've actually never gotten anything from the brand before this. I've entered their brick-and-mortar stores plenty atimes but never seemed to walk out with anything. They have nice stuff, I actually have no clue why I never got into them. Forever21 has me entranced, I guess.

Anyways, after the whole work debacle, I decided to treat myself to a few things. The first thing I got was this:



It's a metal plaque of the Eiffel Tower. This is actually from Typo, a knick-knack subsidiary of Cotton On. I had also previously gone in to Typo and saw they have wonderfully kitschy stuff, just a tad overpriced, I'd say. Online however, some of the things were on sale and this gorgeous, vintage-y depiction of the La Tour Eiffel was going for.........USD equivalent of $5.25! Is that not a score?!?!? I've been getting into wall decor of late and one of my interests is getting wall art representative of iconic places I've been to. For example, the London city prints I got from Ikea. I also have a jigsaw of the view of NYC from across the Brooklyn Bridge. So my La Tour Eiffel will add to the "wall travels chart" I'm working on :)

And honestly, I say you can have more than one representation of a location you've visited. Which is why I also decided to get this vintage NYC map magnet set.



I saw this and I just had to have it! I'm gonna frame this one up. Also on sale at Typo, this was about $5.40, just a tad more expensive then La Tour Eiffel. I love, love, love this.

Also something I fell in love with at first sight is this travelling mug. It's just so ME! My sisters think I'm moody and sarcastic and though I feel they malign me too much for my occasional crankiness and 'creative' way with words, I felt a kinship towards this mug when I read what it said.



"My Degree Of Sarcasm Depends On Your Degree of Stupidity". Such truer words never resonated with me as much as this did. Lol, I have no clue what this actually says about me as a person but there are times I guess I think I'm surrounded by idiots. Hey, I'm not proud of it and I know I can act/be idiotic too but I'm generally fabulous. :D. Right, delusions aside, I actually first saw this in the shop but the price tag was a turn-off. Online though, it was on sale :D It went for nearly $8.50 so I snapped it up.

As if I haven't bought enough tech accessories for this MacBook Pro I'm typing on, I saw this.....



.....and found myself having to have it. Okay, I was also in the market for a horizontal zippered laptop sleeve that wouldn't be as heavy as the Rebecca Minkoff I have so that when I stuff this laptop into my TCS Batchel, it won't add as much to the weight as the leather RM case/bag/sleeve. I have a vertical opening sleeve but since the laptop is placed horizontal and I usually just unzip the top to take my laptop out, I needed to find one that wouldn't add so much bulk and weight. This seems perfect. Added bonus, it's like the RM laptop case cos they actually provided straps to carry cross-body. Oh, and did I mention the vintage pink typewriter design? This tres cuteness went for about $14.15 on sale.

Of late, I have been strangely enamoured by peplum shapes. I have wanted a peplum top for some time now. It's most likely cos the fashion world is bombarding me with imagery that intimates peplums are the way to go these last couple of months. Coincidentally, I found a peplum style hoodie I got last year before all this peplum craziness began. I only discovered it again when I forced myself to trim my closet. Was so surprised that I had been ahead of the curve fashion-wise, hehehe. So, to continue.....



This is what Cotton On calls the River peplum top. Sale price of about $9.90. I got this in a size S because looking at the size guide, S is the equivalent of a 6 in US sizes. Cotton On apparently uses Australian sizing for my part of the world. I really wanted to size up to M because of my broad shoulders but since I waited too long before checking out, the M was all sold out. Since I still really wanted it, I got it in S anyway. Hopefully it'll fit. I'm asking my sis to stuff it in the laptop sleeve so my bestie can bring it up next Saturday.

Next up is something I bought three different variations of. The Cotton On Sarah Sleep Tight Shirt.....



Just fyi, I am not planning to use this as sleepwear. It can call itself a sleep shirt if it wants but that looks more like going out shirts to me so I will be using these as going out apparel :D Plus, my sis did double confirm with me that they definitely look decent enough to pass as normal shirts. What I love about these shirts is that it's long, I like shirts that cover my ass. Yes, my butt makes me feel self-conscious. Which is usually why I get shirts that cover 'em. Two, it's menswear inspired, love the trend. Three, the coral red and black has a polka-dot style while the blue one is stripes - the two patterns I love most in the world! I just had to get all 3 of 'em! It was on sale for about 29 bucks each. would have gotten a fourth in all-white if there were sizes left but there weren't. The sizing for these shirts were just an ambiguous S/M or M/L only and since the size guide did indicate S = US 6 and M = US 8, I went for the S/M. My sis, upon unboxing, did say that I might have wanted to size up but I am completely going to have faith that the shirts will fit me. I think I may ask my sis to slip this in for bestie to bring as well.

This item was a last minute entry to the cart. I was just looking around to see if anything else on sale caught my fancy and for the price it was going for, I thought I might as well get it.



It's what Cotton On calls the Polly printed scarf in the pattern spliced zebra. No clue why the zebra print is spliced, perhaps it simply means incongruent. Honestly, that isn't important really. What was important was the fact I got it for $1.65. I wanted to laugh when I saw the price. I was ecstatic when my sis took it out of the box and modeled it - it looks damn good. I'm slightly regretting not getting the Missoni-esque print which was also $1.65. Perhaps in the next purchase if still available :)

Lastly, I needed to fulfill my collar necklace obsession. I have been searching for the perfect collar necklace that comes attached with the perfect price point. Some of the ones I've had my eye on have been ridiculously overpriced, in my humble opinion, but Cotton On gave me an option I couldn't refuse. On sale for about $9.85, the collar bead/faux pearl necklace in the hue named gardenia, which is simply off-white, really, was the one I was looking for. However, I didn't have time to screen cap it cos by the time I wanted to do this post, the necklace appears to be OOS. I actually wanted to get one in black as well but by the time I was ready to buy, that was OOS as well.

And thus ends my Cotton On haul post. In total, I spent roughly $119.15 for all 10 items. Not too bad. I got free shipping for spending above USD85, otherwise shipping would have been an additional 14 dollars. Considering the whole shopping->shipping->delivery process was really fast, I actually wouldn't mind paying the cost of shipping.

DISCLAIMER:
All images belong to Cotton On. I did however, paste the Sarah Sleep Tight shirt images together. Just didn't make sense to do individual ones of the same shirt, no?