Sunday, December 16, 2012

second lil treat

After the massive (?, I guess in terms of volume, it is) purchase from Cotton On, I got that "itchy" shopping feeling again. Being depressed the past 2 weeks before that didn't really give me any desire to shop but once the major work headache was resolved, and I broke the duck with the Cotton On order, it's like a spiral, y'know?

I'd been lazily browsing those groupon-style sites for the past week and though I had my eye on a number of things, I managed a bit of self-restraint. I was especially taken by this bag -



- and with less than 3 hours left on the deal, made a quick snap decision to get it. I've actually coveted a Zara bag similar in style and shape to this one but made from buffalo leather. Emily of CUpcakesandcashmere.com fame has that one and when she's taking her outfit pics with that bag, I always find myself thinking I should have gotten one. Anywho, I am under no impression this is a leather bag. This one is likely plain PU. However, where it doesn't win on the textile side, my bag does also comes with a 23 (L) x 31 (W) x 33 (H) cm pouch cum wristlet so it's basically like I got TWO bags!



The bag's dimension is 32 (L) x 31 (W) x 37 (H) cm. It's pretty sizeable, no? I'll admit, I had a moment of buyers' remorse after I purchased it. After USD conversion it comes to about $29.50 which isn't all that expensive considering I've gotten bags that are close to 2k so that's not why I quibbled. It was mainly cos it struck me that I just got a perfectly wonderful TCS Batchel and the fact that this bag isn't even leather. I mean, I think I've shown on this blog how I can be a bit of a leather snob :D Anyways, I got over it since I managed to convince myself that this is the bag I'll use to its death. I mean it's hardly expensive and it's PU, I think I won't be so sad to see it roughed up should it get roughed up :)

It's spacious, just look at the inside of this bag -



As shown, the interior of the bag is some faux suede material I guess. Basically it's unlined. I don't believe it has any interior pockets either. That's really fine by me. I've noticed I don't really keep anything worthwhile in those pockets anyhow. I just like to throw things hodge podge into my bag and then organize them. Plus, I have my bag organizers, that is where I mainly keep all my handbag junk :D

The detail that really caught my eye about this bag were the top handles. I think the overall aesthetics come of as luxurious when you look at the handles alone. Well, that's simply the impression it gives moi. Perhaps others would not feel so enthused by them.



And for good measure, here's a pic of the stitiching on the top handle -



I'm not gullible to believe that the overall quality will be as top notch as what I'm seeing in these product photos but if they are even 80% true, I'll be happy. One thing that does have me confused about this deal I got is that I have no clue if there was just the one colour or there were actual options. The stock photos featured both black and cognac but when it came time to purchase, there was no option to choose. I would have preferred the black if there was a choice but I think there was only cognac available. Don't get me wrong, the cognac is gorgeous and I do fancy it as well - just I love bags in black :D But I think all the bags they had to offer are only in cognac. The majority of the product images were of the cognac bag.

Size-wise, I think this bag is huge. One of the photos they had showed Olivia Palermo carrying a possible dupe for this bag. I will insert that here -



And some of the pics with petite korean/japanese/chinese chicks holding the bag do make them appear as if the bag outsizes them :D But anyways, I am not as petite as Olivia Palermo or those Asian handbag model chicks so there should be no issues with me drowning in the bag :D

Okay, I'm done with this very image heavy post. As per usual, I put my disclaimer that all images do not belong to me. They are not mine. I just borrowed them from the deals site to illustrate the whole post. Plus, I do not know if they have rights to use that Olivia Palermo photo so please do not sue me for also using the photo to further describe the bag. Olivia Palermo, I love your fashion sense, chica! Muahs! (Don't sue me!)