Saturday, May 11, 2013

i remembered today.....

a moment quite some time ago, when I was talking on the phone with my boyfriend and was mightily offended when he paid more attention to the television than our conversation. It was when I was away at matriculation college and I was having one of my moments where I was missing my life back home and my then boyfriend, G, was not giving me what I felt was due attention. When I asked him what he was watching, he said he was watching the F1 race and telling me about Schumacher in the Ferrari was dicing on the track with Coulthard.

And I remember telling him then - "What? Why would you find a bunch of cars going round and round in circles so interesting that you're not paying attention to what I've been saying?!?!?!"

*GRINS*
I know better now, obviously ;D Since 2001, my weekends are built around F1 races. If there's a race, I am usually averse to being away from a television with a broadcast on. I haven't done an F1 post this year I think. Been feeling like I should keep the crazy on that front to a minimum. Even didn't crow about Kimi's win at the season opener in Melbourne so I pretty much kept my obsession under wraps thus far. But this weekend, it's the Spanish GP and Kimi just qualified 4th on the grid and I'm feeling good. He's 2nd in the WDC, 10 points behind Vettel and has helped Lotus into 2nd in the WCC. Crossing my fingers and sending all my goodwill (and love) to him for a great result tomorrow - win would be the aim but I will be ecstatic for a podium too!