Thursday, September 12, 2013

it's not that i haven't been indulging

What (or who) is Zlena and this blog if it isn't revolved around me and my retail therapy exploits?

I've just been lazy to blog them. And sincerely, can't particularly remember what new things I've gotten recently, hehehe. One particular purchase that is kinda hard to forget even if I wanted to would be this little get here.....


Oh, what's that? Well, let's have a look inside, shall we?


Yeah, I caved and decided to join the masses. That's my Samsung Galaxy S4, the GT-I9502 to be precise. Why do I have to be so precise with the model number and all? Cos I didn't just get the S4, I got the dual-sim S4 :D. I made a conscious decision to retire my N97 and my work blackberry and just go for one phone that would accommodate both my work cell as well as my Homeland number. And it's working a treat.

And if there's any wonderment about how I got my hands on a dual-sim S4 when it had such a limited release and by limited meaning released primarily in China? Cos Workland imports 'em. I've got the China Unicom logos popping up any time I reboot the phone. It's been a learning curve since I'm still new to android. Been trying to figure out how to do all the rooting and whatnot so I can try to use a custom ROM for this phone. I haven't been able to start though cos there'sthis specific ROM which I can't get to download fully so been stuck with all this China market specific bloatware. Will have to wait till I go back to Homeland in about a week's time before I can attempt another download - internet speed is waaaaaayyyyy faster back home.

What of my loving and faithful 4S? We're still partners, how can I part with my beloved iOS? I don't believe in being either or. I'm a "you can have your cake and eat it too" kinda gal :D Hey, just noticed my phones are 4S and S4, lol.