Tuesday, May 20, 2014

beauty.com friends and family 20%

Yup, sucker for discounts that I am, I went rather crazy with the buying since I could get whatever restricted shipping stuff considering I was having it shipped to my sister's friend's place :D

I decided to try new things out with this purchase and this is what I got which has already been delivered or has shipped.



The first item is the MOYNA BAGS Antique Frame Evening Silk Clutch with Beading in Gray/Silver. The RRP was $199 and it was on sale for $87.56 but after my discount was applied, I got it for $70.05. The reason I got this wasn't really for the bag but for the free gifts it came with. Lol, when I look at it, I don't know why I badly wanted the stuff it came with but I wanted it then so I got it. It contains a Perricone Nutritive Cleanser, full size Stila Smudge Crayon in the shade Rose, It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in the shade Neutral Medium, Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray, Fekkai Advanced Brilliant Glossing Cream, Boscia Green Tea Blotting Paper, H20+ Lip Mender Hydrating Complex and lastly the Go Smile Touch Up Smile Perfecting Ampoule. Ok, listing it out, I kinda remember why I wanted this - it's got some great things to try out.

Next thing I got was the Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's Rosebud Salve which retails for $5.59 but I got for $4.47. I was actually wanting one of NARS's multiple sticks but the shades available were not appealing. The matte range of the multiples were also not value for money considering they were half the size of the normal multiple stick. I figured I have never tried the Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's salves and I had heard really great things about the line so thought I might as well give it a go. I guess I can also use it as a multiple though I haven't exactly read anywhere someone using it as rouge for their cheeks.

This is an item I was convinced to buy by MissGlamorazzi and Amarixe. They were both raving about the First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay and considering they have opposite skin types, I figured this was a good thing to try. This $24 but after discount was $19.20. I am honestly loving the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleansing Gel & Eye Makeup Remover I got in the set I ordered from Strawberrynet but I am always open to trying new cleansers.

Now comes the products I'm most excited about which are both from PERRICONE MD. It's the No Foundation Foundation Supersize (59 ml) and the No Concealer Concealer (9 ml). In the spirit of full disclosure, I actually got everything in this post in one initial order except for the PERRICONE MD No Concealer Concealer 9 ml which was purchased in a separate order. The reason for this was because I had actually gone out to Sephora and tested it. When I initially ordered the No Foundation Foundation, I was buying it sight unseen which is always a dangerous thing to do with foundations, concealers, face powders and the like because you just never know if it'll match your skintone. The No Foundation Foundation was supposed to be a one colour suits all so I just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best - I also did not play it safe by going for the regular size but instead decided to just hedge my bets and go for the Supersize bottle which is gives you double the product. I got my hands on the testers in Sephora and was so relieved that the No Foundation Foundation blended well with my skintone and the 'odd' smell some people were talking about did not come across to me. Since I was already there at the Perricone MD display, I decided to test the No Concealer Concealer and was very impressed by the coverage it lent. I was feeling regretful that I didn't look into this when I made my first order so had been thinking about the concealer for days after I tested it, lol. When I realized that Beauty.com was still giving me 20% off even though I had used my discount in a previous order, I finally caved and got the No Concealer Concealer as well. The No Foundation Foundation Supersize retails for $85 but I paid $68 and the No Concealer Concealer was $36 after discount.

This next purchase was really rather impulsive. I had never really given much thought to the brand before this but it was featured on the Beauty.com main page. When I was looking at reviews of some of the items I was interested in, this brand GlamGlow featured quite heavily in a number of beauty guru favourites vids. The particular product I got is the GlamGlow SUPER-MUD Clearing Treatment. I decided on this one because one of the reviews I read on the site claimed that her blackheads were cleared on the first use and I have some stubborn ones sitting atop my nose that I would love to get rid off :D The muds from GlamGlow are all pricey but I decided to not think too much about it and just go for the buy. It retails for $69 and I paid $55.20 after discount.

Then we have the two Spanx products that I got for really cheap and am super stoked about. I have been wearing my Shape FX long tunic for ages now and though I have a few others, nothing works as well at keeping it all in like that Shape FX piece. Unfortunately those are no longer sold so I am always on the lookout for the next best option. Hence I'm trying out the Assets Red Hot Label Focused Firmers Adjustable Strap Full Slip that I got in the colours Very Bare and Deep Black. These are full compression slips and they retail between $52 to $54. I got them on sale at Beauty.com for 23.40 for Very Bare and $26.00 for Deep Black. After discounts were applied I was charged $18.72 and $20.80 respectively. Score!

And because my total spent was more than $150, I received the Lela Rose makeup bag as a free gift. I know I own more than a few of the Beauty.com makeup bag gifts but I can't help myself, I love getting things for free :D In the gift bag, I will receive:



My initial order is not complete though as I have one product on back order. If by next week Monday it doesn't ship, I will cancel it as I don't think it will reach in time for when I arrive in Maryland/Washington D.C. I still have the Bliss The Tight Stuff set which consists of fatgirlsixpack, fatgirlslim and fatgirlsleep. The RRP for this set is $75 but after discount it is $60. However, because it's back ordered, my credit card has not been charged as yet so I still have the option to cancel the order.



Also, this portion of my order was canceled as apparently it is not in stock or difficult to get ahold of the stock. I wanted to get the LORAC Pro Palette since I could get it at a discount for $33.60. AM a bit sad but these things happen.



All in all, it was a pretty good haul. Taking out the LORAC Pro Palette and the Bliss Tight Stuff set, I spent roughly $260 for my entire order. That's a helluva great deal so I'm happy with what I've managed to get.