Thursday, May 8, 2014

got a new clarisonic

Beauty.com was having a 20% discount sitewide and since my Clarisonic Plus, purchased in October 2010, was having battery issues, I figured it was time to buy a new one. Thus, meet my new facial 'spa' toy, the Aria!

There were three colours available; white, shocking pink and black. As much as I loved the thought of using a pink Clarisonic, I figured I wanted more clean aesthetics of course the black Aria became the one I got. After the discount was applied and my $2.99 in drugstore dollars was deducted, I got the Aria for $156.21. The RRP for this system is $199 and unlike the Plus that I own, this cannot be used on the body. However, in my years of owning the Plus, I have likely used it for the body only twice at the beginning when I first got it. I primarily use this cleansing system for my face. The main reason why I went for the Aria instead of the Mia 2 which is cheaper at $150 is because of the charging mechanism. The Aria can be charged via USB which is something I felt would be a major incentive for me to carry it during travelling as well. I rarely brought the Plus around during my travels because I would have had to lug the bulky charger station along with it which is something the Mia 2 shares in common with the Plus. Aside from the charger situation, the Aria also has 3 speed options as well as adjustable timer just like the Plus. These features are lacking in the Mia 2 which has 2 speeds and a 60 second limit on the pulse.

Anyways, I will only be getting this when I am in the States as I had it sent to my sister's friend's place in Maryland to save on shipping costs :D That's likely happening only in early June I guess. One may ask why I don't just buy it when I'm there and to them I would say - I wouldn't likely get it discounted and I'd have to pay sales tax. For that extra bucks I saved on discounts and shipping, I can totally spend my hard earned greenbacks on other stuff :D