Sunday, April 19, 2009

a complete and utter washout...the saga continues

In China. It continues in Shanghai. Rain, rain, rain. But this time, the race has a happy, chequered flag waving end. Seb Vettel won. Red Bull Racing continues its assault on (attempting) decimating Brawn GP's stronghold on the '09 championship and the signs of Jenson Button's Ross Brawn-helmed dominance paving his way to the coveted driver's championship crown is cementing itself as a concrete outcome by year's end. If it wasn't obvious, I put in a lil road/tarmac humour, for my own amusement o'course, no one else reads this but me :D

What else transpired? It was such a forgettable race, I have completely forgotten what happened. All I know is Ferrari has continued its less than stellar but highly embarassing start to their 2009 campaign. Yes, yes, I still am 100% behind my pilot and his team, no need to call my loyalties into question but I'm not keen on rehashing another washout Ferrari outing. The bottom line is they sucked balls. Pardon the crudeness but that just perfectly summarizes the race for them.

So what do we take away from the 2009 Chinese GP? And the podium finishes are.....

One, good on Seb Vettel and Red Bull for being the fastest in the wet.
Two, woohoo to the unpredictable nature of the 2009 season.
Three, yes, everyone is confounded by the big three's (Scuderia Ferrari, McLaren Mercedes & BMW) failure to make headway with their 2009 car developments.

Really, nothing new to report. To put it simply, let's just wait for Bahrain, there's really no point in talking about Shanghai.