Saturday, April 4, 2009

go, Kimi, go! woohoo!

I was texting my sis, telling her that it should be worth her while to go to the F1 race tomorrow cos Schumi, her fave driver of all time, will most possibly (99%) be on the pitwall during the race. She called me back to talk, saying it was going to be her, my dad and my nephew Miks going. Miks is going on 6 years old but ever since he could talk, I have drilled in him a love for F1 and Kimi Raikkonen.

He was with my sis when she called me and when my sis asked who he was going to support, he went "I'm support Kimi. Go, Kimi, Go! Woohoo!" Such a smart kid! I love him to pieces. The remainder of the conversation was of me and him repeatedly shouting "Go, Kimi, Go! Woohoo!" and discussing wardrobe choices for tomorrow's race. My sis will be bringing out her F1 t-shirt that she apparently had retired after Schumi quit the sport in 2007 and my nephew will be wearing a Ferrari tee my sis bought him to irk his mother and I while we were still supporting Kimi in Mclaren Mercedes. My dad owns no team tees but I guess he could be persuaded to wear something red.

I also told her to bring along her videocam as well as her Sony SLR. I am banking on good shots of Kimi during the driver's parade and some cool vids. If I can't be there, the least she can do is give me a feel of the race. I got some nice shots of Kimi during the one GP I attended but that was when he was driving for Mclaren. I'd like to have an updated shot of him in his Ferrari colours.

Can't wait for the race tomorrow! My new and laidback approach is really working out. Kimi only qualified 9th and I was all supportive, no yelling about what a disappointment or anything of the sort. I guess, the fact that Ferrari and Mclaren were in the title race to the bitter end in 2008 has backfired on them in this new season as they have not had the same luxury of developing their 2009 cars as well as the other teams. Hence, I don't find Kimi to be at fault here, he's doing the best with what he has. So all I can say is, "Go, Kimi, Go! Let's finish in the points! Woohoo!". Who says winning is everything :D