Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lush-erly LUSH Stuff!


Hmmm, the title makes me sound like a lush, hehe. Ok, play on words over - basically I got myself two Christmas gift sets from LUSH. And I'm very excited cos both sets contain the two shower gels I've been wanting to try - Snow Fairy and Glogg.


The first set I got was the Snow Fairy Gift. It's listed as GBP9.95 but since I'm not a UK resident, I got it for the tax free price of GBP8.47. Love it! The set comes with a 100g bottle of Snow Fairy shower gel which has a sweet bubblegum and candyfloss scent, Shimmy Shimmy Glitter bar which is like a solid aromatherapy body moisturiser/massage bar and the Angel's Delight soap that has a combo of blackberry mixed with tangerine and sweet orange oils to produce a jelly bean scent. Ummm, all of it smells yummy. I'm really happy to get my hands on the shower gel as I've heard so many great things about the scent and considering it's in the vein of my fave soap Rockstar, I'm guessing this is a winner for me. Fingers crossed. Found out about this from AllThatGlitters21 and thought I'd trust her nose and get it for myself.


Another recommendation from Elle of off AllThatGlitters21 is the Glogg shower gel. Reading the description, I love the sound of it! It contains brandy, cinnamon and clove. Glogg is actually the Swedish version of mulled red wine and according to some Swedes who have gotten this, the smell is true to its namesake :) Elle also talked about the Mandarin's Tea Party ginger infused soap. I thought this seemed like a good combo - zesty mandarin oil, neroli oil and ginger - and infused with Lush's Orange Blossom perfume scent, this should be a great morning working weekday soap. I was lucky enough that there was a gift scent named Winter Warmers that contained these two items and for the tax-free price of GBP6.77, I was sold.

I shared this purchase with my sisters. Both of them are crazy about the Bubblegum lip scrub I let them try out that was given to me by Oz friend so they badgered me into getting the Lush stuff since I already had an account with them. After dividing the shipping weight costs according to the individual weights of the items we individually purchased, I had to pay GBP9.04 for shipping which brought this purchase's total to GBP24.28. I think thats pretty okay since it is coming all the way from the UK :)

All of the products, apart from the Shimmy Shimmy Glitter Bar are Christmas items only and are limited edition products. Once the holiday season is over, you'll likely have to wait for next year before you can get your hands on them again :) I'm most excited to try out the two shower gels and can't wait for this shipment to arrive!

DISCLAIMER:
All images were derived from the LUSH UK site.