Friday, November 26, 2010

Ok, this HAS to be it! I'm done for Black Friday!

Oh why, oh why, oh why am I such a sucker? I know I don't need anymore beauty products. I have more than I can use at one time but I was tempted by those Youtube Vloggers MacBarbie07 and MissGlamorazzi to get some stuff from Bath & Body Works.


Aside from that, I'm really excited about the stuff I got! LOL, what a turnaround but anyways, I got 5 hand sanitizers - mostly from their holiday collection. It was a buy 5 for $5 and I feel that for a buck each, it's a really good deal. I was convinced to get these by MacBarbie07 cos she was raving about them in her latest haul video. Sometimes I wonder at my own gullibility. The girl is half my age :) But I love her and find her completely adorable. I chose to get the Santa's Mallow Mint, Comet's Ginger Mint, Winter Candy Apple, Vanilla Bean Noel and the Twisted Peppermint pocket hand sanitizer. I have used Bath & Body Works hand sanitizers before and I do like them though I can definitely get the normal stuff which would work just as well. I just decided to indulge in some holiday editions simply cos I'm frivolous like that *wink, wink*


Next, I decided to get some fragrance mist. MacBarbie07 is obsessed with these. I think she has an inordinately LARGE amount of body splashes/fragrance mists and can't fathom how she manages to use up any if at all :) But she got me suckered into trying some out. I figured I didn't really want to get the large bottles cos I might not like the scent since I'm buying them sight unseen - or more appropriately scent unsmelled, lol - so I went for the travel size version. The site had a 3 for $10 deal going on so I could pick and choose whatever suited my fancy. I got 2 sets of the 3 for $10 simply because I liked the sound of all the notes of each of the scents. The first three I chose were Coconut Vanilla, Berry Vanilla and Sweet Pea. Ithink MacBarbie07 did buy the Coconut Vanilla and/or Berry Vanilla but I definitely know AllThatGlitters21 loves the Sweet Pea scent.


Then I decided to get the Japanese Cherry Blossom, Twilight Woods and Sea Island Cotton. I think I've seen reviews on Japanese Cherry Blossom and Twilight Woods on MacBarbie07 (I tell ya the girl loves her Bath & Body Works fragrance mists!) and she seems to like the stuff and the Sea Island Cotton I just thought the notes sounded really good.


Third on my list of Bath & Body Works wants was either the scent bugs or candles. I ended up getting the huge 14.5 oz candles - simply because they were going for 2 for $20 and one itself costs $19. It's basically 2 for the price of 1. I saw on Miss Glamorazzi's haul vid that she has the Homemade Cookies candle and I love the smell of baked goods. Plus the reviews were very positive for this scent. I got that and then I decided to have an opinion of my own (instead of being fed info via Youtube haul vids) and get the Sweet Pumpkin Cinnamon candle. I love the smell of cinnamon and I think the smell of roasted pumpkin is divine. I also read the reviews of this scent on the site and the overwhelming majority think it's great.

I'm now up to a lil over 40 bucks with all the stuff in my cart and can now qualify for the deal I had my eye on right after I was done choosing the pocketbacs. This 2010 holiday gift worth $115 going for $20 with any purchase of $40. Ok, I confess, I wanted the bag :P I think it's a cute tote and for 20 bucks I could also get a bunch of stuff that I can always regift. The set comes with full size bottles of the Secret Wonderland shower gel, body mist and body lotion. This set alone is worth more than 20 bucks. I can definitely repack this as a birthday gift. It also contains the full size Twilight Woods For Men shower gel which I can always fob off as another gift for one of my colleagues. Also included is a Wallflower Starter and Single Refill in Fresh Balsam, a full size Anti-Bacterial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap in Sunburst Tangerine, a pink gauze sponge and a packet of Fekkai Glossing Cream all which I plan to keep for myself. Last but not least, it has the Twisted Peppermint PocketBac and a sparkly PocketBac Holder. I am going to gift the PocketBac but keep the holder :)


I spent a total of $72.97 inclusive of shipping which cost me $7.99. I can't really believe I bought that much considering I just got myself some Lush Christmas sets but buy I did. I have to say that I was very aware when I made all the purchases to not get any bath stuff for myself considering I have an unopened 16oz bottle of Philosophy's Cinnamon Buns and the Snow Fairy and Glogg shower gel as well as Mandarin Tea Party soap, Shimmy Shimmy bar and Angel's Delight soap coming my way. I know I'm keeping all the Lush stuff for myself but I'm thinking of gifting some of the body splashes to friends since I don't think I want to keep all 6 of them. I don't have space to keep all the stuff on my vanity. That's it on the bath and body products. I am not allowing myself to get anymore stuff until I finish 98% of the thing's I've gotten!

Ok, this is also dependant on if the charge goes through. I've been having quite a bit of success on the whole US addy fib thing that sometimes I forget my AMEX is not invincible, hehe.

DISCLAIMER:
All images are from the Bath & Body Works site :)

UPDATE (27/11/2010):
Hmmm, I think I jinxed my BBW order. The order status is still at processing. It's been a whole 24 hours. That usually means that it's a no go. A teeny bit sad but that's the way things go, ain't it?

UPDATE (29/11/2010):
Right, let me draw a line through Bath & Body Works on my list of places I'd love to shop at. It officially goes on the "Places That Resist The Power of AMEX". Ah, well, what to do, that's just how it goes.