Tuesday, April 5, 2011

guess who's gonna go see LINKIN PARK PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!! FINALLY! After MANY missed opportunities, I am gonna get to see my most favourite band in the world perform this September when they headline the Singapore GP F1 Rocks concert in, you guessed it, SINGAPORE!

I was doing my monthly googling of Linkin Park tour dates, just holding out a slim hope of a stop in Southeastasia even though I was aware that last month's googling efforts yielded only US and Europe tour dates, when I scrolled to the bottom of the dates list and saw one Asian city - Singapore.

I immediately checked the date for the concert and checked it against my local calendar - FATE - it's a loooooong holiday the weekend the band are playing in the lion city! Then I noticed the venue of the concert and I almost, almost, screamed the house down - 2011 Formula 1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix.

OMG, OMG, OMG! The cosmics aligned and brought together my two most cherished obssessions - F1 and Linkin Park. What would make it the most PERFECT day ever is if Kimi Raikkonen (yes, am still into him) was driving in the race but I'll take 2 outta 3 than nothing at all.

Ok, I did end up spending A BOMB to get the tix - I paid for a 3 day entrance pass for the Padang grandstand seats cos those are the closests to the stage area AND for the first 1000 that purchase the Padang grandstand tix will gain entry to the exclusive Fan Zone right in front of the Zone 4 Padang Stage. I am so praying I am part of that 1000 and considering our seats are quite good, there's a good chance I am. I spent roughly about 350 smackaroos but considering I get to watch the race - my first night race - and rock out to LP, I think it's well worth it :D