Saturday, April 30, 2011

pics of some of my new shoes

I am really unable to come up with any clever-ish post titles so I figure I might as well be totally literal about them.

As the title above suggests, this post will be images of some of the new shoes I have gotten in recent months, namely the Dolce Vita For Target ropen wedges in nude, my Vince Camuto Inca tribal flats which is a theme that is somewhat on trend this year, my Corso Como Festive flats which I love, love, love and a shot of my new Reebok RunTone which I have been using with impunity.

First up, my Dolce Vita For Target wedges. As can be seen, the shoe is looking a tad raggedy as I have been putting them to use since I got them back in March. The heels are slightly dirty from use and the top of the heel is stained a slight blueish hue from my new Gap jeans but other than that they are fabulous. As it is a platform wedge, they are relatively comfortable for long wear and I have been putting that to the test. I can honestly say that I can last a good 8 hours in these without complaints. The one thing I will say is a downside is the zipper back on the right shoe rubs against the back of my heel so I did form a blister there which was remedied by using a plaster and slatehering on some Dr Scholls anti-blister balm. I'm sure with more wear this will become a non-issue but till then, I will continue to put on a plaster every time I put on these shoes :)

Next we have the Vince Camuto Inca flats. These were purchased in September or October of last year and I have worn them out a couple of times. Mainly I pair these with my various solid hued maxi dresses as I think it's the perfect complement. The detailing on these sandals is very organic and beautiful and adds to an otherwise sedate outfit. I love the slight wedge heel as it gives me a little bit of height and doesn't allow the hem of the dresses to drag along the floor when I walk. These sandals are made from real upper leather so I am still trying to break them in. Overall they are a dream to walk in but I do have bunions and one is bigger than another so when I wear these, my bunions do rub against the side of the leather but since I usually put on the foot balm, it doesn't hurt though it doesn't prevent that area from turning slightly red due to the friction.

Next we have the Corso Como Festive ballet flats that I have been lusting after ever since my sister got hers back in June last year. I finally bought mine in February via Amazon.com for quite a bit of a discount. I used them for the first time on a trip to Universal Studios Singapore and I have to say that they are very comfortable as far as foldable flats go. I owned a pair of silver fold-up flats from a different brand but those were not comfortable like these Corso Como's are. With my other flats, my heel will start hurting not even an hour into wearing them and will continuously get worse throughout the day. With the Festive flats, I was able to last from the AM to PM without feeling discomfort. For me, wearing flats makes me tired so I'm not saying I my feet weren't tired by night which was when I went home but they were not aching and there's a huge difference there! I am seriously considering buying another pair in a different shade but am waiting to see try out the Gap City flats, which are leather and are priced considerably cheaper, before I commit to it.

And last but not least are the Reebok RunTones. I have bought different toning shoes before starting with my FitFlops and then last years' Sketchers ShapeUps. With these Reebok RunTones my count is up to 4, hehe. I decided to get these RunTones as they are made specifically for exercise while the ShapeUps I bought were tailored for daily walkabouts. I have been using the shoes for the past couple of weeks and unlike the ShapeUps which rubbed against the top of my foot and felt like they kept sliding a little when i was using them for exercise (they are not meant for exercise after all) these fit very well and the footbed is 'grippy' enough that your foot doesn't slide when I'm running laps. They are very comfortable and the pods on the sole of the shoes act like shock absorbent so I feel less stress as my feet hit the ground. It is very cushy and they truly don't hurt. So far, so good. Whether it is intensifying the toning I can't say for sure cos I don't get the same outcome I did when I use the FitFlops or ShapeUps. With those two other shoes, I can usually feel the effects on my calves and thighs after I've used them but with these I can't seem to pinpoint it. Nonetheless, they are the most comfortable pair of sneaks I've worn ever.

Ok, that's it for this issue of new shoes in my closet :D I do have the Steve Madden Tsunamii boots that I got but since I have had no real opportunities to wear those, a post involving them will just have to wait. I do have my Newport News clogs (which I've worn and I do like even though they seem a half size big) that are super high and the Vince Camuto Edon wedge which are my Christian Louboutin dupes and have also been worn more than a couple fo times but I keep those shoes at Homeland. If i bring them over here then I'll be sure to take a couple of pics for documentation