Monday, December 26, 2011

i know i'm late to the party

BUT I AM IN LOVE WITH 'The Voice'!

I know the first season is over - done and dusted with the inaugural winner crowned being Javier Colon mentored by Adam Levine. Anyways, I love the entire concept of this show, it is just such a refreshing take on reality TV singing competitions. I believe the concept of the show was based upon a show from Holland called 'The Voice of Holland'.

Anyways, I was just flipping through channels yesterday and happened to catch a repeat of the quarter final show 1. I switched on the TV to keep me company while I was preparing my lunch and baking and thought that The Voice was a good choice since I wouldn't really have to 'watch' it to be able to follow the plot, you know. And since the contestant that was up was Jared Blake from Team Blake singing King of Leon's Use Somebody which is a fave of mine that it made me stop and stay on the show. When the two back-to-back epis ended, I switched on my lappie cos I had the season stashed somewhere on my computer but never got around to watching it, and decided to get all caught up.

Ok, the premise of the competition is very interesting and all but I'll be honest, what kept me watching was Blake Shelton. Yes, I'll admit it, I have a crush on Blake Shelton. I like him so much as a man and a person. I have no clue as to his artistry as a singer cos I'm really not a country gal but as a guy, he is sooooo attractive to me. Firstly, the height *swoon*. He's 6'5" according to Adam Levine and as I've made it clear, I HAVE A THING FOR TALL DUDES! Plus, he's cheeky and funny and not too bad to look at. And his rendition of Maroon 5's This Love with the suggestive hand gestures towards Adam Levine during the lyrics 'Sinking my fingertips' as well as his quick quip "That's what she said" when Adam commented on how big he was length-wise compared to the rest of the people on stage at the time was what completely endeared him to me. Adam totally laid up that comment for him though :)

Yes, I am aware he's married to Miranda Lambert but who cares really? It's not that I'm in love with him, I just like to have some man candy when I'm watching something :D