Wednesday, December 21, 2011

since I'm airing out transgressions.....

I'd like to add that I also got myself the 64GB iPhone 4S, teehee! That's just the pic of the box it came in. It's resting atop my souvenir from Eldest Sis US trip, my Coach iPad cover and the box is being propped up using my old iPhone 2G stacked atop my Nokia N97 so I could take the pic at an angle. Using the iPhone 4S of course and the lighting was provided by the flash from the Blackberry Torch :D If that's not using mobile technology creatively, I don't know what is, hehehe. Behold!


Yup, in another spur of the moment moment, I managed to persuade myself that I could slip in an iPhone 4S purchase for this month. I am now truly up to my eyeballs in debt! Hehe, for some reason I find this hilarious. It's been a tad mind-boggling to look at the bills, specifically the ones from Tiffany and Balenciaga but I guess I thought that a USD950 purchase of an iPhone 4S could still be managed :D

At least I can say I am truly living up to 2011's mantra "Zlena's Year Of Living Frivolously". Or was it "Zlena's Year-long Milestone Celebration"? I forget, I come up with many mantras to justify one thing or another, I am aware :D. Anyways, despite the utter craziness of the amount of spending I have done in the past 2 months, I have been completely happy, ecstatic even, with all my new purchases.

And this iPhone 4S - I LOVE IT! Granted, there are moments when Siri and I are on the outs because she doesn't get my dictation down perfect but other than that, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! What would make it truly EPIC though would be when I can finally jailbreak it! Yes, I love jailbreaking my iDevices!

When making the decision to buy the iPhone 4S, I had already made up my mind to go for the largest storage capacity. I am one of those people who just need it. Plus, since this is going to be my main picture-taking device, I will need the storage space to store the photos/videos. And trust me, with the awesome camera hardware on this phone, it is encouraging me to whip it out all the time to take random, obscure and nonsensical pictures :D

And I have discovered how much I love to FaceTime. It's probably my newest addiction. I may be 900 plus miles away from my family but FaceTime makes it feel like they're just right there in front of me! I know the whole video conferencing/chat thing isn't new and I have Skype and the like prior to this but the quality of the calls made via FaceTime is tons better than with any other app I have ever used!

Aside from that, it's pretty much the same as my old iPhone 2G (which is moving on to my other sis now that I have upgraded), just faster. What I'm doing now is looking into accessories. I made a decision to get the Mophie Juice Pack Plus case after reading that the battery on the iPhone 4S drains rather fast. I can testify to this truth. I start out at full charge in the morning but by evening I'll have about 36% juice left. This is with hour-long FaceTime sessions and music-listening. Also, Wifi is always on. So, I only felt it was prudent for me to get the case with a built-in external battery pack since I wanted this device to not only be my phone but be my camera as well. And I decided to get the Mophie Pack Plus and not the cheaper Mophie Pack Air because the Plus doubles the battery life while the Air extends it to just below double. Plus, the Plus (hehe) which usually retails for $99.99 was on sale via Amazon.com for $64.95. But only for the magenta. It's a good thing I loved the magenta :)


I am also looking at getting the Olloclip lens kit. Like I keep mentioning, this is going to be my primary camera so I am planning to get serious with photography through this, hehe. ok, so not serious serious but actual recording/archiving of life events with this camera phone so I thought I would invest in some camera related accessories.


But this will have to wait in January cos like I mentioned, just spent a ton of money and I can't swing a $69.95 purchase of a camera lens kit *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* Ok, no seriously serious, I am only getting this when I am about to go on the yearly company trip which should be during the usual month of May. Plus the Glif tripod mount and the Joby Gorillapod Flexible Tripod. Told ya, I was serious about getting serious :D

So, ok, am ending this post now cos my eyes are actually blurring due to staring at monitors so long. Toodles!

DISCLAIMER:
Images of the Olloclip, Joby Gorillapod and Glif came from the respective websites.