Saturday, December 31, 2011

goodbye 2011, it's been a heck of a year!

It's the last day of 2011 and in a few moments, my side of the world will be ringing in the new year. What can I say about 2011 really other than it's been one of those years filled with extreme highs and lows and nothing in between. When it was good, it was great and when it was bad, those are moments I'd rather not dwell on.

It's been an eventful year not only for me personally but for the whole world at large. We've witnessed major political shifts worldwide not to mention the onslaught of every conceivable disaster Mother Nature could throw at us. The death of Osama Bin Laden and Muammar Ghaddafi. The Arab Spring and Occupy movements. The devastating tsunami that hit Japan back in March, earthquakes in Turkey and other terrifying natural disasters that swept across the globe.

As we enter into 2012, all I can think about is how much this year has given me in terms of personal growth and I am very thankful for that. So, thanks 2011 for all that you have given me, I truly appreciated it :)