Saturday, December 31, 2011

the year i lived excessively

I think i did rather okay up till my sister's trip to the US and then everything just went haywire for me :)

My sister's Stateside vacay kicked off a major spending spree that hopefully stops today, right here, right now. Mainly because I cannot afford all the excessive spending and my conscience about savings (which there have been none to speak off for the past couple of months) has become louder the more I buy stuff.

Up till late October, I thought I would get away with no major designer handbag purchases. Then I got the YSL Sac Biker but at 900 plus dollars, was still a rather affordable purchase. Then I got my Tiffany bracelet (seen below) and the Balenciaga Giant City in Parme from the US trip.


After that, I bought my iPhone 4S plus the Mophie Juice Pack Plus case which pushed the overall phone total to over 1000 dollars. Next I was nudged to get the Dark Violet Balenciaga Velo by my sis. Which is this bag I'm holding right here, finally have it in hand!


Then I got this:


Yup, a Miu Miu Coffret. A style that I've always loved from this line. It was selling for a lil over 1500 dollars. And I'm modeling it wearing a couple of things from my F21 haul - the lace maxi skirt (which turned out to be something I totally LOVE), my black ruched sleeve blazer and my faux pearl bracelet. I think I have on the F21 black racerback tank underneath the blazer. All accessorized with my Dolce Vita Marci sandals and the Balenciaga City Parme (not pictured).

Then today, on the last day of 2011, I got myself this:


You're looking at the Marc Jacobs Stam in Purple! Which I got for 50% off!! That's the largest Stam size available and I paid less than 1000 bucks for it!

That's right, in this year alone, I managed to cross off 3 of the bags on my covet list!! Isn't that CRAZY?!?!?!

So it's no wonder that I feel like I've been living the excessive life - cos I have! Anyways's here's hoping the upcoming year will be one with more of a modest demeanor - can't keep up with my 2011 self anyways :D