Tuesday, March 6, 2012

my F21 2012 birthday haul

So I finally decided to cash in my Q1 clothes quota and got myself 7 items that added up to $109.27. As usual, with F21.com, if you wait too long, things will disappear from your cart without warning. With this order, it was no different.

Number one on my list is actually the last item I put in my cart. One of the things missing from my cart was the satin cuffed pants that started the whole F21.com itch. I was pretty disappointed the pants I wanted were no longer available but I managed to get a different pair in a similar pattern. Pretty much the difference is in the fabric. I was just doing a last gasp cursory look through the inventory and came across these trouser capri pants. Comes with a free belt - SCORE! It was going for 21% off as part of Forever21.com's daily flash deal. I got the pants for $18.01 from its normal price of $22.80.


I also got 2 normal priced items. First up is the ruche sleeve blazer in peach. I already own this in black and let me tell you, I LOVE IT! It's, hands down, the best blazer I have ever gotten. This is my holy grail blazer. I actually contemplated getting another one in black but decided to go for peach because I am still in love with peachy hues and still wanted a blazer in that shade. It's RRP is $27.80.


The other full priced item was this tiny dot shirt. I have an unhealthy obsession with polka dots, stripes and blazers. When I find something in either of these that catch my eye, I usually can't resist. It's a simple white chiffon blouse with tiny black dots. Hence the very appropriately named tiny dot shirt :) It retailed for $13.50 - not too pricey.


The rest of the stuff were all sale items. The one thing that's been in my cart the longest is this black fold-over waist swing skirt. I've always been into maxi skirts, it was never simply a trend to follow for me, I wear them year-round. I was in need of a new black skirt and this one seemed to fit the bill aesthetically as well as price-wise. Originally priced at $15.80, I got it for $11.99.


And here we have another maxi length skirt. This time in a seventies/western patchwork style denim. I had seen this in the sales section for some time and finally decided that I wanted them after reading the reviews. Again, I am in need of a replacement denim maxi skirt and this was going for $16.99 from it's retail price of $24.80.


This silky kimono jacket was something that I had been waffling over. I had it in my cart and then decided to take it out, then back in again and out again. Then I noticed the price had gone down further from $27.80 to a mere $13.99. Back into the cart it went.


And last but not least, I have been looking to get some more long sleeve slub-like tees for running errands and the like. I realized that the stuff I have in my closet are all rather fancy for running errands and whatever tees I used to have are now, umm, shall we say they've shrunk :) So I thought that this floral art top that was going for $6.99 fit the bill perfectly. I love it when I can get the stuff for less than 10 bucks. The RRP for this top was actually $14.80. Hmmm, just realized that F21's original price point almost always end with a .80 :)


I'm still on the site to check the status of my order and managed to put some new stuff into my cart. It was this swiss dot blouse that I had wanted earlier in fuchsia but had disappeared and now is back in inventory. However, I am keeping to my word and will wait till Q2 rolls around before I make another purchase :D