Monday, March 5, 2012

March spending spree begins with drugstore.com

The post title basically says it all :)

I was in need of a skincare replenishment and decided to buy the stuff off of beauty.com so that I could use a $5 off coupon I had, get an Erin Fetherston train case filled with deluxe size samples and collect some drugstore dollars to spend in April.

I was actually holding off on getting my Murad stuff till later in the month but when I received the email from Beuaty.com with the Erin Fetherston train case offer, I knew I had to jump on it immediately. These kind of promos from drugstore.com usually finish fast. The only catch was that I had to spend a minimum of USD100 to qualify for the train case. And I did that by getting another bottle of the Murad Post-Acne Lightening Gel going for $60 and another Murad starter kit - the Murad Anti-Aging Acne Starter Kit with the RRP being $45. I decided to get this solution mainly because of the Time Release Cleanser that's contained within the kit but the other items included sound promising as well. A courtesy shot of the kit below:


And rather than painstakingly typing out the contents of the kit, I wisely decided to simply screen cap the description off of Beuaty.com as below:


Next is what I consider my coup-de-gras in this beauty haul which is this totally gorgeoussss Erin Fetherston train case filled with deluxe sized samples purported to be a USD130 get for moi to try out.


I'm most excited about the Murad Clarifying Mask as well as the full size Stila eyeshadow. Other samples included are as screen capped below:


And last but not least, I thought I'd share a shot of the interior of the beauty case. First of all, let me say that I adore the exterior baby pink shade and the button clasp closure. Secondly, the really cute butterfly print interior just did it for me. I just find it all so cute and girly and I wanted that train case!


In all, the total was USD105.00 but with my $5 off coupon, I was charged just an even 100 bucks. The stuff arrived safely to my Portland addy today and I am just awaiting to see if my F21 order will go through before deciding on shipping my stuff back :)