Friday, February 24, 2012

umm, ok, adjusting my clothes ban :D

So, let me be realistic - a blanket clothes ban was definitely too much to reach for a clothes-aholic like moi. So, I am adjusting my self-imposed ban to a goal that I can actually realistically achieve - a one-time quarterly purchase from one place only. This will (should?) include both online and offline purchases. Ok, I'll be strong - it will cover both online and offline purchases.

Before this I said that I can buy offline, no questions but I've decided that shopping for clothes is still just that and totally defeats the purpose of a no-clothes-ban. And just to be completely transparent, I have not gotten anything apparel-related even with the caveat. Since I realize that a complete and total lockout would just drive me C-R-A-Z-Y, I decided that for me to be able to succeed, I will need to scale back the, umm, scale of the ban and go for a more achievable target. Hence the new quarterly buy rule.

So, Feb is ending in a couple of days, I'll only have a month before I can make my Q1 purchase. Hehe, you know it won't take long - I have a cart of F21 stuff ready to get checked out. I do, however, want to wait till March rolls around so that I can legitimately claim this as a birthday get for myself :D I am truly hoping the pants I have in the cart will still be available come March 1st since that's the item that's driving this whole ban change. If it's gone, I can possibly go without anything for Q1. Possibly :)