Thursday, February 16, 2012

appsolutely nuts about.....Disposable Hipstamatic

So I've been on the Apple train for a while now and aside from talking about the devices I have, I don't really touch upon the stuff that I have on my toys. And some of the things that I've played around with are worthy of blog mentions. I thought I'd come up with blog posts on some of my must-have apps of the moment and to start it off, I have the Disposable Hipstamatic!


I got it free off of the App store. It works like an old fashioned disposable camera. Of course there's different types to choose from but for my first try, I went with the D-Fault camera. The cute/irritating (depends on your preference) feature about this app is it takes pictures EXACTLY like an old skool film camera. Meaning, you have to finsih shooting the 'film' before you can see the finished product. No instant gratification here :)

I'm completely in love with retro-style photos/videos and apps like Instagram, Hipstamatic, Disposable Hipstamatic, 8mm Vintage and Incredibooth has allowed me to go completely bonkers playing around with image/video manipulation. A sample of an image from the first roll I took using Disposable Hipstamatic:


Yup, that's moi, big nose and all :P I like how the image came out looking like it's aged - as in taken circa 1960s or something to that effect. Excuse my awkwardness as the one thing I do have to complain about both the Disposable Hipstamatic and Hipstamatic app is that there's no way to switch between the back camera and the front-facing camera. All pictures are taken using the back camera. So taking self-portraits, like how I was trying to do, is a bit of a pain and could be hit and miss. I had a few pics in my roll which had me cut in half :) But the overall feel of the photo, how retro the processed image looks, that's what I love about this particular camera in the Disposable Hipstamatic range.

And that concludes this inaugural post of 'appsolutely nuts about'. Lol, I'm just too dorky for my own good!