Thursday, February 9, 2012

so Kimi Raikkonen stuff is overtaking my life

What else is new? When the Iceman is back in F1, I rejoin the crazy train. Aside from the mountain of work I've been assigned this year, I have been non-stop google-newsing, forum-lurking, youtube-ing all things Kimi Raikkonen.

Currently I'm following the start of 2012 testing in Jerez. So far, his re-assimilation into F1 seems to be going better than expected. The Pirellis have not been the performance hindrance most expected him to have. The whole F1 community was pleasantly surprised when he actually topped the time sheets on the first day of testing. Unofficial as those times were, nonetheless, it surely silenced more than a few of his detractors.

I am not going to be an unrealistic fan and say that based on how well he did during his two days of testing that he'll be fighting for podiums from the get-go come Australia next month. However, at least it's looking like he hasn't lost his touch :)