Friday, March 23, 2012

total FAIL

Hmmm, clothes embargo Q1 ops has become a total fail. I went back to Homeland for work last week and I got myself 4 pairs of pants. In all honesty, I needed new work pants cos the ones I had were being held up by thumb tacks - yup, that's right, I was using thumb tacks to keep my zipper up, lol. The sad state of Zlena :D So I got 3 black pants for work - I needed them!

The other pants I got were a pair of purple straight leg pants. I wanted to try out the whole colored pants trend before they went out of fashion and these were going for roughly USD7.50 so I thought "Why the hell not!". I think I pull off the look but we'll see what I think about said pants a year from now. Will take a pic of me wearing 'em for posterity. Isn't it nice to have evidence of potential fashion mishaps - I already regret my yellow maxi dress from 3 years back :D

Also, I ended up with 2 shirts from a '2 For USD30' deal. And I just finished getting myself some more stuff from F21.com. Once you start, bla, bla, bla. Ok, I was trying to make my Portland shipping worthwhile. I got some stuff from beauty.com but when it shipped, the heavier items were out of stock so now I have a package that weighs 0.6lbs needing to be shipped back to Homeland. The charge will be roughly USD25 for every 0.5kg so I am not pleased to have to pay 25 bucks for something that is not even covered by the 0.5kg. So I thought I might as well checkout the stuff I have in my cart which was a grey blazer going for USD13.99 and a pair of palazzo pants going for $15.99. To round out for free shipping, my sis got a pin tuck blouse and a cami.


I originally had the pin tuck blouse for myself but when my sis also chose that blouse, I decided to give it to her and find myself something cheaper :D The pin tuck front blouse is $19.80 and the camisole with the built-in shelf bra was $4.80. When i looked at the stuff, the blazer, pants and blouse would really go well as an ensemble :D If my sis ends up not liking the blouse, I may just take it off of her, hehehe.