Saturday, April 21, 2012

eyeslipsface.com is BANNED!

Nothing as dramatic as I'm banned from the site but essentially, that's what it is - I am banning myself from the site because I just cannot control myself. Yup, yes, oui. If it has not been guessed already, I made one more order from E.L.F. At least this time, I can actually say I have already tested the product. Granted it's really only been a day and a half but that was enough time to convince me that I needed to get a backup.

What am I talking about? The E.L.F High Definition Powder of course. I got my hands on it yesterday and today I used it whilst I was out and about. Soft focus, smoothness and whatever else claims aside, the one true thing I can attest to is that it definitely manages oil extremely well and that was enough to convince me that this product was a winner. Also, it did not help me in the least that E.L.F was having a Mother's Day BOGO Free promo on selected products (FORMOM). I had been eyeing some stuff but at that time I was sane enough not to get anything. I came home and randomly mentioned the promo to my sis and after editing the cart multiple times as well as sleeping on it, we ended up getting stuff. This time we stayed true to the promo products. In total our order contained 12 items totaling $56.45 but I'm just going to show the stuff that I got.


So there it is. As can be seen, I also decided I must get another bottle of the Mineral Infused Primer despite not having tested it yet. Although the many good reviews I have combed through did nudge me towards the decision to get another one, mainly it was cos it's part of my BOGO free deal when I got the High Definition Powder which is 6 bucks as well.

Aside from those two products, I had also been lusting after the 3-Piece Eye Set. It's a box set containing 2 eyelid primers (nude & champagne) and a lengthening & defining mascara (black) from the Essential line. I actually got the eyelid primer in nude in my first order from eyeslipsface.com. So again, haven't used it but the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. practically all the final verdict will be rendered Monday/Tuesday - the shipment is already in Hong Kong as we speak, should be headed for Homeland by tomorrow morning. The set retails for $3, I got it for half off.

I've also been so obsessed about getting a bronzer but had been too afraid in previous orders to get any cos I didn't want to get the wrong hue. When I saw the Blush & Bronzer compact set that came with a mini kabuki brush, I took the plunge. The blush is a very pretty peachy tone not unlike my fave blush of all time, Benefit's Dandelion. The bronzer side is also not too dark, it's a mocha hue which looks like it would blend well with my skin tone. I'm mainly using it for contouring purposes - this is something I've been rather obsessed about mastering.

Continuing on with my mineral makeup obsession, I decided to get the Mineral Starter Kit which retails for $20 but I got for $10. I of course chose the Warm shades which consists of a foundation with SPF 15 in Warm, concealer in Warm and a blush in Bliss. It also comes with a Total Face Brush, Blush Brush and a canvas case. I believe the brushes come from the Essential line.

Another mineral line buy was the Nice & Natural set. This kit contained a blush in Coral, eye shadow in Elegant & Sassy, mineral booster (small) in sheer, mineral lipstick in Natural Nymph, mineral glow in Shimmer and an bronze colored makeup organizer. This set is as is so there are no choices but should there be any out of stock products, a substitution would happen. The kit retails at $35 but at half off it went for $17.50. I love the fact that both Mineral sets I got contain different things (or shades) from the Mineral line which I get to try out. Plus, they are all in perfect travel sizes.

Last but not least, the 2-Piece Blemish Set that goes for $5 but I shared the discount with my sis who also got this so I paid $2.50. It comes with a 0.7oz pot and a concealer brush. I did get the full size Blemish Kit that retails for 8 bucks in the shipment that's due to arrive Monday/Tuesday. The only reason I got this was so I could complete my little ELF Mineral makeup travel kit thing I decided to get going on.

I realize in the month of April I have completely lost my marbles when it comes to ELF Cosmetics. Hence why I have decided to ban myself from the site. Like I mentioned in the last ELF haul post, I've got makeup to last me eons now for sure!