Tuesday, April 10, 2012

gift giving

No, not to myself. The stuff I got are actual presents to give to two of my friends. It's the same thing - a makeup product by Stila but I can get away with it cos these two buddies of mine run in different circles. Plus, it's an eyeshadow palette, one couldn't possibly get embarrassed over the other if they ever did meet with the shadows on eh?

Anywho, I was perusing Strawberrynet's April offers when I came across this really fantastic palette. And it was going for a steal! I would have loved to get it for myself but when I reflected on my recent Urban Decay Naked2 palette (which I love, love, love), I still felt that I could not pass up the Stila palette. I would instead, selflessly, gift it. Then I remembered I had two birthdays coming up - two palettes it is then. What I got:


It's called the Stila - Light Up The World Color Trend Eyeshadow Palette (Limited Edition). It's basically a palette of neutral shades perfect for everyday use - they look so pigmented and truly gorgeous. There are 10 colors - #Sugar, #Light, #Peaceful, #Bronze, #Dawn, #Precious, #Demure, #Delicate, #Sangria, #Truffle. The set also comes with a double-ended eye brush. I'm particularly loving the last shade in the palette, #Truffle I believe. It looks like such a gorgeous shade of brown.

Ah, I wish I could keep one but again, the shades are really neutral with a lot of browns and nudes and mauve hues I just could not justify getting a box of my own - what would I do with my Naked2? Plus, E.L.F. has me completely in their clutches, hehehe. I physically have to will myself from going crazy with getting their stuff. I'm trying to wait it out till I have the products in hand before I decide to go complete ELF crazy. A buck, 3 bucks, 5 bucks is still money when you think about it and I still don't wanna be wasteful regardless of how cheap the products are :D