Saturday, April 28, 2012

Murad skincare haul from Strawberrynet


I'm in one of my direct moods - no need for being cryptic with post titles today :D

From the beginning of the year, I had started trying out Murad's skincare line. Before this I had only used their concealer and primer, mainly makeup related stuff, and taken the supplements. As my skin's condition never seemed to improve, with the mix & match skincare routine I had going on, I did my research and decided to use the Murad line.

I started out with the Blemish Control Starter Kit and the Post-Acne Lightening Gel. Overall, I think this kit was fine. It did help lessen my hormonal acne along my jawline but I was still frustrated that my skin did not clear up. Every product in the kit was generally so-so. I was pretty unimpressed by the Skin Perfecting Lotion which got rave reviews but for me left my face a greasy mess. I ditched that moisturizer in favor of my Neutrogena Anti Acne Anti Wrinkle cream. I also felt I had better results with the cleanser from the same Neutrogena line as the cream so I did stop using the cleanser from the kit too although my cleanser sample was used up pretty good before I switched. Essentially, what I liked from the line was the Acne Spot Treatment and the Exfoliating Blemish Gel. The Post-Acne Lightening Gel worked in lessening the hyper pigmentation caused by the acne scars so for me this product is a win. I did think that if I kept to the regime, perhaps it would, over time, clear my condition. As I started looking into getting the full size products from the Blemish Starter Kit, I noticed the Murad Anti-Aging Acne Starter Kit. I looked over the list of products and decided to give this set a try instead after considering that my skin responded better to products with anti-aging properties in them.

I've been using the kit for a little over a month now and I have to say that the kit is a success for me. Out of all the products, I love all of them. It comes with the Time Release Acne Cleanser, Acne & Wrinkle Reducer, Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20 (PA++) (for blemish prone skin) and the Acne Spot Treatment. The Acne & Wrinkle Reducer as well as Anti-Aging Moisturizer both leave my skin matte - which I find totally miraculous! I use the former as my nighttime lotion and the latter as my daytime moisturizer since it contains SPF. I also find that the Time Release Acne Cleanser has truly helped to clear my skin and any acne/blemishes that pop up aren't so much angry and red. It doesn't foam which I initially found a bit odd but I loved the thought that even after I washed it off, the cleanser was still treating my skin (that's the time release part :D). Having said all that, my samples will be gone soon, especially the Acne & Wrinkle Reducer since the tube sprung a hole during my trip back from Homeland and left most of the lotion on my makeup case - I only have less than a 1/3 left :(, so I decided to get the full size of the products. I also added the Clarifying Toner cos my Lush Tea Tree Oil toner is finishing up and swapped out the Acne Spot Treatment for the Blemish Spot Treatment cos the former was out of stock on Strawberrynet.






In total I spent USD171.27 on this order. I'm on my 16th order with Strawberrynet. I need to place 2 more orders before I can reach my 20th order which will give me my 10% member discount. Right now it's 7.5% plus an additional 4% for ordering 5 items.