Tuesday, April 10, 2012

keurig krazy

I don't recall ever mentioning it here but I have been trying to convince the office to splurge on a Keurig single brew coffee system since December 2011 after watching Ingrid aka MissGlamorazzi aka TheGridMonster's vlogmas vids. She got herself a Keurig Platinum Edition and everyday in December till Christmas, I got to watch her making yummy drinks using the Keurig, buying K-cups for the Keurig and other Keurig related activities and it made me really want to have one too. But instead of forking out my own money for it, which I'll admit, I could easily afford to get on my own, I thought it would be better to ask the bosses if we can get one for the office :D

Finally after a lot of subliminal messages and straight talking, The Company now owns a pair of the Keurig B60 single brew systems. Well, we got one first, tested it at the Homeland office and after the boss aka my sis was satisfied, she said I could proceed with the purchase for the Workland office. It's shipping from Portland as we speak. In the meantime, while I await the arrival of the second machine to take it back to Workland, I got for myself a few Keurig things to prepare myself such as this:


Yup, I decided to get myself the Crazy Cups Flavored Coffee Sampler which contains 35 count K-Cups from various K-Cup coffee manufacturers. It cost me $28.49. When I was in Homeland last weekend, I got to taste one of my K-Cups - the Green Mountain limited edition Spicy Eggnog. Unfortunately, not a fan of this, has an ashtray aftertaste, lol. I was a tad disappointed cos I had never had eggnog before and I always imagined it was delicious. Perhaps not in coffee form :) But I am not deterred. The tea versions of the K-Cups are delicious. Particularly the Gloria Jeans Mango Tea and the Green Mountain Lime Berry.

I also decided to get myself, personally, the ekoBrew refillable cup to use with ground coffee beans or loose tea leaves so that I can just go to the supermarket and not depend on the internet to get k-cups to use with the Keurig.


And to test said ekoBrew cup, that's why I got the 11 oz bag of Starbucks Coffee Natural Fusions Flavored Ground Coffee in Caramel.


It just arrived in Portland and I'll ship it back along with all the ELF stuff once they arrive. I hope it taste yummy. I sorta can't wait for Christmas time to roll around cos I really, really, really wanted to get the Starbucks Christmas blend last year but since I had no coffeemaker, I had to give it a miss. That's all changed now that we'll have the Keurig :D

DISCLAIMER:
ekoBrew image derived from Amazon.com and Starbucks Coffee Natural Fusions Flavored Ground Coffee image from drugstore.com. Crazy Cup Flavored Coffee Sampler image belongs to me - just too lazy to watermark it.