Monday, June 18, 2012

1000 kissable

No, I'm not drunk. Not in love either. Just obsessed with finding the perfect lip stain. My first foray into the world of lip stains was when I got this kit from Benefit and owned my first bottle of Benetint. Oh, how I loved Benetint - I bought all the Benetint iterations but nothing beats the original.

Anyway, as much as i love Benetint, it only comes in the one red rose shade and at $29 per bottle, it is an expensive luxury. Thus began my search for the best drugstore lip stain. Recently, I did try to get my first non high end lip stain in pen form from ELF but the shade I selected was out of stock (OOS). I was then plagued with an all-consuming need to find an alternative. A couple of weeks ago, Revlon released their new formulation Just Bitten lip stains and giving this line the name 'Just Bitten Kissable'. The original 'Just Bitten' collection was widely panned so i never bothered to venture into getting one of my own but this 'Just Bitten Kissable' line has been receiving rave reviews across the board.

The annoying thing about following the progress of makeup in the US is that there are plenty of times that the makeup never arrives beyond the shores of the US of A. So annoying, tres frustrating. The 'Just Bitten' lip stains never did arrive in Asia. Knowing that I would most likely end up having to get it online, I decided to google for alternatives and found that the UK drugstore brand Rimmel had come up with their version of Revlon's 'Just Bitten' lip stains called 1000 Kisses Lip Tint. And it was sold back in Homeland! During my trip back recently, I redeemed some points I had on one of my many members card and got the Rimmel lip tint in shade 700 (Nothing But Nude).


It's this gorgeous peachy color that gives lips a very subtle and natural pretty flush. I do love the shade. However, I feel that the felt tip applicator will most likely dry out soon. That's my only negative.

Anyways, long story short, I was getting my sis something off of drugstore.com and was trying to use a $5 off $50 coupon. My sister's Murad kit was $45 so I needed something roughly 5 bucks or more and on the site there was a Revlon promo 'Buy 1, Get 1 50%' thus I decided to go for the 'Just Bitten Kissable' lip stains. This version is more similar to Clinique's chubby sticks which is a major plus. If it was another felt tip applicator I would seriously consider not getting them. I got them in the shade sweetheart and charm. I'm a tad obsessed with orangey/corally hues at the moment.


The RRP of the lip stains are $8.99 but with the promo I got 2 for $6.74 each. That's alright all things considered. I'm very happy that I got these. Can't wait to get my hands on 'em!

DISCLAIMER: Images screen capped from drugstore.com and asos.com.

UPDATE:
My DHL shipment arrived and the lip stain I thought wasn't getting sent with my ELF order was actually included! So I have a version from another brand to make comparisons! Woohoo!!!