Thursday, June 28, 2012

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!


I'm so frustrated! ELF got me again! And sucking my sister in along! OMG, can I not stop buying makeup from them?????? I completely lack any semblance of willpower, geez! Am soooo embarrassed!

ELF is currently celebrating their eighth anniversary this month and every week beginning last week, there has been some kind of special going on. Honestly, ELF consistently holds promotions so really this isn't like a really special occasion :p

These past 2 days they were having a 50 off mineral line special for cart totals of over 30 bucks on mineral items (BD50MIN) so I finally gave in with less than 20 minutes left in the offer. My total, inclusive of my sister's stuff, came up to $44.40 with 3-day select shipping at $11.90. Product-wise, the total spent is $32.50.

I decided to get more of the Moisturizing Lip Tint SPF8 in the shades Guava and Blush. My sister also got 2 of these, a Blush and Pink. With the discount, the total was $6 for 4 lip tints. My sis and I spent $3 per person.



I also decided to get the 2-Piece Foundation SPF 15 Set in Light which is a $5 value kit. But it was on sale for $3.75 so with 50% it would go for $1.88. Hence, I got 2 of these. I discovered that the set in Light came with the same shade as the Warm Starter Kit. The Warm set of the 2-Piece Foundation SPF 15 came in Beige which is why I decided not to go for it since Beige comes off as pink-toned. Warm is yellow-toned and as I mentioned, I love using this shade. I also stocked up on the mineral concealer in Warm. I love this concealer - it blends seamlessly with my skin tone and does a great job doing what it's supposed to do. I got 2 of these as well for $5. Another product I stocked up on was the 2-Piece Blemish Set. Also retailing at $5 but on sale for $3.75, I got two of these as well since with the 50 off deal I'm getting 2 for $3.75!



Talking about face products, something I had never gotten before but truly intrigued me is the new Revitalizing Mineral Mist. It's kitschy, I know but anything 'mineral' now gets my attention. What it is - basically ELF's mineral version of the ELF Studio Makeup Mist & Set. Per bottle this costs a hefty 8 bucks. Again, with the 50 off, I went for 2.

And that concludes my purchases. My sis got 2 mineral blushes for $5. She also got a Hypershine Lip Gloss from the Essential line for $1.