Thursday, June 28, 2012

thanks MissGlamorazzi!


I wish the sarcasm was more obvious. Because of MissGlamorazzi from Youtube, I ended up making a foray into Lioele - a Korean makeup brand that she has been raving about ever since buying some of their products on her Bangkok trip at the end of 2011.

Yes, yes, I am such a gullible sheep. She says it's great, I immediately feel I have to have it. Mainly when she raves about the drugstore stuff though - I haven't yet been tempted to get myself the Chanel Aqua Lumiere that she has waxed lyrical about since summer 2011.

It also so happened that a Lioele store opened here a couple of months ago and I was curious about the pricing. Curiosity got me the Lioele Skin Fix Powder Pact for oily skin :)



This is MissGlamorazzi's HG compact powder so I was very ecstatic that this was in stock. It is supposed to be a fantastic sebum control powder which can be used at the end of your daily makeup routine to set the makeup as well as a blotting powder throughout the day. In terms of the shade selection, it's only available in 2 hues, Blooming Ivory (obviously too fair for moi) and Natural Beige. I, of course, went for the latter. The shade still appears a tad light for my skin tone in the pan but is basically translucent when applied to the face. For the past 2 days I have used it, I have been happy with the oil control. However, it does require blotting/reapplying after about five hours. The compact is really cute, kitschy, girly - a hot metallic pink packaging. It comes with an antibacterial puff, which I don't use - I apply this with a powder brush, and has a sturdy hard plastic separator.



As cute as the outside packaging is, I think the overall quality of the plastic appears somewhat flimsy. I'm guessing if I accidentally dropped this on the floor then it'll most likely break the case. I got this for USD16.80 which is cheaper than if I had bought it back in Homeland. By about 10 bucks, in fact.

I also wanted to get the other product MissGlamorazzi raved about, Lioele's Beyond The Solution BB Cream. It's an oil-free, spf-free, non-whitening BB cream. Since BB creams are purportedly all-in-one face solutions, why would I want a product that doesn't do the normal functions?



Because I am trying to find a face product I can use under flash lighting. So far, all the makeup I wear for the face barring my mineral makeup gives me a white cast under flash photography. This is rather annoying when taking pictures in low light environment. I read that the white cast effect is due to the titanium dioxide (oxide?) and/or SPF content in face products. The solution many people suggested to overcome this is by using products with no/little SPF such as the Lioele Beyond The Solution BB Cream and the Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation range which only contains SPF8. Since I don't want to go too heavy with this, I decided to scope out the BB cream but what was available was a deluxe sample retailing for a lil over 8 bucks. The full product was $14.++. I could not justify buying the sample when I can get a full size product with an additional 7 dollars.

Anyways, I think I can go look for the BB cream at a different location and perhaps buy it there. I am not going to be buying it in Homeland when I am there this Sunday because it is also retailing for 10 bucks more than what I would be paying for here.

Hmmm, come to think of it, I'm picking up the last round of my ELF stash which contains all of my tinted moisturizers so I'll have that in hand to play with. Though they do contain SPF. There I am, making excuses to go and get the Lioele BB cream anyways :D Really, I have no clue why I am buying so much face stuff. My skin isn't perfect but it's not like it's awful, lol. I guess I'm just in that phase where I am loving my face as a canvas for artistic expression, hehehe