Friday, June 22, 2012

$30 OpenSky credit!


How could I not end up getting something???? So...I DID!!!!

I initially got a $20 credit for completing a survey and then today I received a $10 credit for God only knows what - I don't keep up with why OpenSky likes to give free credit to me. So now I've got $30 of free money to burn in a limited time period. Catch is I needed to spend a minimum of $40 to be able to use the credit. Basically I needed my total to be exactly 40 then pay for whatever shipping. I estimated I'd end up paying 20 bucks for whatever I could find.

I scoured the site to see if there was anything I wanted in particular. I encountered the Sibu pills I've been consuming but figured since I can get em off of drugstore.com for cheaper, I'm not going to use my 30 bucks free money on this. Then I saw the Too Faced Beauty Balm SPF20!


OMG, I had been wishy-washying over this (and various other face makeup products) for the past week!. I had a 20% off coupon from Beauty.com and had wanted to get this. I had a sample of this in Nude Glow from my Erin Fetherston train case and I liked how it felt on my skin even though the shade was too dark and oxidized too fast. It retails for $32 so I would only be paying $2! Sooooo much better than getting 20% off! I got this in the shade Creme Glow. It's a shade lighter than Nude Glow and I'm hoping it won't go too orangey like it did in Nude Glow. I liked using it under my mineral powder and the oxidization was offset by the powder so even if this full tube I buy does the same thing, I'm hiding it under the mineral foundation anyway. Looking at the shade now, it looks pink-toned but I guess I can still work with it.

Now, I was looking for something that would bring my total to 40 bucks. I went to the Clearance section. Man, OpenSky's clearance section isn't truly a clearance section. Prices are still high. Nonetheless, I found an interesting kitchen appliance that went for 10 bucks making my total $42. What was it?


It's the Rosle Egg Topper! What's an egg topper you ask? A contraption that neatly cuts off the tops of hard AND soft boiled eggs! What a tool! I usually end up with a mess so I loved the idea of this! Hope it works!

So with shipping I paid $21.90. I went over my budget but like I mentioned, there really aren't truly cheap stuff on OpenSky. Okay, so I can't believe I got another makeup product. I'm blaming my girlfriends for this. We have been emailing each other about new makeup products and since I'm their premier source of makeup brands (a lil sad for them all around :p) I've been looking into all these products I recommended myself and kept wanting to try the full size of the BB in a more compatible shade. Since the Too Faced BB in Nude Glow went on too dark and orangey, I figured I'd go a shade down. This is honestly, the only BB balm that I actually liked despite the color and oxidization issues. All the other ones that I've tried were a bust. Clinique and Garnier gave me uneven skin and the Skin79, well, I've detailed how it makes me grey :). Since I'm essentially paying 2 dollars for the Too Faced balm via OpenSky, I figured I can invest in this and not feel too bad if it doesn't work out.

DISCLAIMER:
Too Faced BB image screen capped from Sephora.com and Rosle Egg Topper image screen capped from OpenSky.com.

P.S:
I'm ashamed to say but there's more to come.....