Thursday, October 22, 2009

completely bananas!

I dieeee! A statement oft uttered by fashion stylist to the stars, Rachel Zoe. And i die for Rachel Zoe! Four months ago I knew next to nothing about her except for the odd bits and bobs. I mean I've heard of Rachel Zoe, seen pics of Rachel Zoe, seen Rachel Zoe's picks on Piperlime, know she wrote a book, seen the stars styled by Rachel Zoe but I had never given her a second thought. But now that she's in my stream of consciousness, it's as if a whole new avenue of fashion opened up.

As per usual, the tv series hiatus creates the oppurtunity for shows that I would never normally watch to flit into my realm of consciousness. I AM IN LOVE WITH "The Rachel Zoe Project". I have often seen her on the celebrity gossip sites and thought her sense of style was too much for me but seeing the work she does and the results from said work, I have a whole new level of respect for what she does. ANd a completely different view of how she dresses herself. Basically I LOVE IT, I was a fashion ignoramus before, I've learnt the folly of my ways.

Granted, it's not any type of work that would merit the nobel peace award but her work does touch millions of people the world over. The world is filled with negative news all the time so there's no harm in a bit of frivolousness once in a while. Of course, to the fashion crowd, fashion is serious business.

Ok, getting that out of the way, I just have so much love for the show. I live vicariously through it. The clothes, the shoes, the bags, the jewelry, I just want practically EVERYTHING. I'm completely loving Van Cleef & Arpel. I love Marchesa, they just appeal to the inner fairytale princess in me and I'm not particularly drawn in that direction. And Rachel's personal style has definitely wowed me. I love that she' the vintage queen. I can see how Nicole Richie was influenced by her. And Taylor's casual, rock-chic look always appeals to me as well. I love her Chanel leopard print jacket that she's always wearing on the show. I l and depth.ove Tay's Balenciaga shoulder bag, I love Tay's YSL Muse II, I love her Ray Bans and even her whole personality appeals top me.

I did think she was quite the bitch during the first season but towards the end when she finally made nice with Brad, I just found that despite my dislike for how she behaved, I stil liked her as a person. Perhaps the anti-social part of her is what resonated with me. I'm anti-social as well but not to the extreme that is Taylor. And Brad. I do love Brad as well. I believe he has grown in this job. To see the maturity of Brad Season 2 and compare that with Brad of Season 1, you just can see the complete confidence he's gotten over the past year. I always rooted for him and I'm happy he is doing well in his work with Rachel Zoe.

Comments on Rodger. I think he's one of the sweetest men on reality TV. Rodger is adorable especially when trying to take a firm hand with Rachel over her spending habits. I honestly don't know why he even bothers, Rachel seldom feels guilt about shopping. Marisa, Racchel's personal assistant is nice enough but since she doesn't quite feature heavily on the show it's hard to get any kind of connection with her. I like her well enough. Ooh, I love Joey. I love him to bits. I think Brad and Joey make the perfect gay team. The two of them together are hysterical.

I just finished watching the seventh epi of "The Rachel Zoe Project" and am now totally psyched, super psyched, for my Paris sojourn. Seeing the city through the lenses of the cameras following Rachel around, the city seems so vibrant and exciting and with such soul and depth. Of course, it also gives rise to my fashion faux pas fears. I think I'm completely overthinking it but I just want to make sure that I'm at my fashion best when I'm walking into these high end designer boutiques. I'm especially afraid of the Chanel boutique. I have a fear of snooty sales assisstants. Yes, I know they're there to serve but they can be completely insufferable people when they care to. I wish I had actual designer pieces to wear while I traipse around Paree visiting all the stores but all I own are high street stuff. The only designer piece of clothing I have is my Calvin Klein leather jacket which doesn't seem very Autumn-y but will have to do. Shoes are a major concern as well. I don't think I'll end up bringing my Melissas after all as they are too large for all the walking planned and so right now I only have one pair of knee-high boots (which since they're so cheap I'm hoping will last the whole trip) in my shoes repertoire and am trying to figure out the next best fashionably comfortable pair to go with me. I'm also worried about bags. I don't know which handbags to bring along with me. I mean my Mulberry isn't exactly an Autumn piece and well, Coach isn't exactly a European designer thing either. I might just go along with the Coach seeing as I don't have any basic black handbags that would fit as well as that. Yes, yes, I'm sounding like a complete fashion snoot, so different from the girl who started this blog claiming diffusion lines are the future of retail. Like I mentioned in my last post. I still love cheap things but I have acquired a taste for the designer stuff. Hell, I wouldn't be shopping at outlet villages if I didn't still love to get things on the cheap. Even if I had tons of money to throw around I would still go to places like Bicester Village or Gilroy Outlet Malls to get my designer fixes. Doubt that'll ever change.