Friday, May 7, 2010

i'm jetting off to jakarta

Tomorrow. Not right this instant. It's been a really hectic week, finalizing our travel arrangements and whatnot and I am exhausted. I nearly came down sick but chugging down cough medicine for two days straight has managed to stave off the onset of a really bad chest cough and now my throat is simply mildly irritated from time to time.

So tomorrow is D-day. I dunno why I'm not more excited. I'm trying to remember if this was exactly how I felt aroundabout the time of the Thai Escapade last year. It probably was. I know I've been majorly stressing over getting everything ready for the 10 people travelling under my responsibility and I cannot wait to relinquish some of that burden when we meet up with the rest of our party during the 2 hr transit. At least then, the burden doesn't all fall on me.

I have barely looked at the travel itinerary provided and am actually unaware of the sequence of places we'll be visiting nor any other activities. I've simply been focusing on my end of the planning. Now, all I have to do is make sure all 10 people get to the airport on time, get our luggage checked in all the way to Jakarta and get us through immigration and on to that plane and perhaps, perhaps then I can breathe a sigh of relief.

I'm also a bit bummed that my F+C Mid City is not making its way on time so I will not have an opportunity to use it on this retreat. But it's estimated to be arriving on the 11th so I'll still manage to get my hands on it before coming back here. At the very least, am still mucho, mucho, tres excited about getting my hands on all the other stuff. Everything else I ordered has arrived and I will be able to use my RuMe ALL bag on the trip at least.

Okay, feeling a teensy wee bit more excited now :) Oh, and I thought I'd also confess that my Lee DeWyze crush has completely gone cosmic. It does make me feel somewhat grossed out that he's years younger than I am but hell, I have to be realistic, these days, most of the men I find attractive ARE younger than I am. I just have to learn to live with that. Can't feel squicked out all the time, can I?