Monday, May 31, 2010

weekend chit chat

Aside from the baking and general housekeeping I did over the weekend, I also updated my tv series stash. Most of the shows I watch have now ended but there are a few that I still haven't gotten around to watching. The last four epis of LOST for example. I'm only a teensy bit spoiled but still have no clue how everything goes down. I have a feeling I'm going to come away feeling unsatisfied.

So, instead, I've been catching up on Private Practice. And downloading the remaining epis of Flash Forward which as of right now is one of the numerous shows I watch that has been cancelled. I did like the premise but it does seem like a stretch on how the show runners were going to, well, stretch the story arc beyond a season. I would have liked to see them try nonetheless.

And of course, what would my weekend be if I didn't feed my current obsession du jour by Youtube-ing Lee DeWyze pre-Idol performances. I think, like a lot of other people who have watched them, I come away with the feeling that I would've liked to see him sing in his pre-Idol days. He appears to be more comfortable performing then than he does on the Idol stage. But that could probably be because he's already downed liquid courage and is feeling less inhibited, LOL.

Most of the videos of him, you'll see he's got a bottle/mug in hand or on standby so I would expect that downing some form of alcohol is a pre-show ritual, hehehe. Not too sure that they allow that on Idol hence the major nerves you see him display on the show. He is weirdly funny when he's drunk or halfway there anyways. There's a video of him singing Simple Man and at the end he shouts, "F@#k, yeah!" or something along those lines. I assume he was feeling good about the song and his singing. I giggled at the thought of him actually doing that at the end of his Final 3 performance. That woulda been a completely LMAO moment. Sober Lee is adorable, intoxicated Lee is hilarious. Not that I condone excessive drinking and not that I'm implying he drinks a lot. I would presume it's like that for most people, that the alchohol makes them less self-conscious to allow them to do something they normally would be too shy/nervous to do.

The guy's dorky too. Which is something a lot of women find appealing. I was watching a clip of him on Ellen a day prior to the sing-off finale and he participated in this audience game and blanked on a Q about which 2 countries border Niagara Falls. Ellen gave Canada and he was supposed to answer the second country which even to my 6 year old nephew is obvious that it's the States but he had a blonde moment (sorry, blondes!) and that's not what you wanna do on Ellen's tv show. Oh, you could see him really beating himself up about it, he couldn't recover throughout the rest of the game, it just threw him off and he was really embarassed about it. It was really cute. I'm sure those close to him really ragged on him for that. I would have :)

Yeah, so I spent my time giggling at the adorkable cuteness of America's 9th idol. At least I got major laughs out of it and it took my mind off of my back:D