Wednesday, January 30, 2013

drugstore shopping 2013

So I'm gonna talk about 3 seperate purchases I made on drugstore.com/beauty.com in the past month. Figured might as well lump them all in the same post, why waste space on the blogger servers :D

At the beginning of January I got my accrued drugstore dollars to spend which totaled close to 21 bucks. I think I mentioned I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money on something practical or something frivolous. When crunch time came, I opted for frivolous :D

My first purchase using the drugstore dollars was to get this Philosophy Falling In Love solid perfume.



I used the shower gel combo eons ago when I first made my foray into eBay. I loved the scent so much and always wanted to get the fragrance but since parfums and such are not viable products to get shipped via these freight forwarding services, I have continually had to forgo buying any EDT's, EDP's and the like. So finding this newly released solid perfume on sale for 21 bucks was amazing.

I had an email only free gift offer from Beauty.com. Spend $10 and above and receive this -



- a full-size IT Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush 4-in-1 Natural Anti-Aging Lipstick Stain in the shade je ne sais quoi. That retails for 20 bucks. I essentially covered that free gift by getting that solid perfume.

However, for free shipping to be had, I needed to add 4 bucks more to qualify. It's kinda tough to find something useful to buy for 4 bucks on beauty.com. After searching around, I finally decided to get the Hollywood Fashion Secrets Hip Huggers in black.



Figured it might be useful :D Plus, it went for $8.99. Total for order #1 was $29.99 but with my drugstore dollars of $20.13, I was charged $9.86. LOVE IT!

Order #2 consisted of some supplements. I needed to replenish my L-Carnitine supply which I got at a discount for $34.19 but also decided to get these -



- to test out this theory my sister's doctor gave to her. Apparently all of us suffer from low thyroid which makes us susceptible to getting sick easily, blurry vsion and crankiness. Of late, since her "diagnosis", we've been blaming anything and everything on our "low thyroid condition", lol. But in all seriousness, my sis and I both decided to test out these NOW Foods Thyroid Energy veggie capsules. I had a 10% off of my total order coupon for drugstore.com purchases only (hence the seperate beauty.com order above) and got the pills for $10.79 per bottle. Total spent in this order was $55.77

And just a moment ago, I made my final drugstore purchase till April *fingers crossed*. I had a 15% off of my total drugstore.com order email promo which I invited preggy sis to partake in for gettng her last-minute baby essentials. I also decided to get some stuff of my own. Firstly, I got myself the CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss in Coral Twist for $2.55.



As there was a CoverGirl 'Buy 1, Get 1 50% off' I decided I'd get another of the jumbo lip gloss but from the Queen collection. I got the CoverGirl Queen Collection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Radiant Rose. My 50% off was actually applied to the first balm so for this one I paid $5.94.



Next, Philosophy on drugstore.com was having a 20% off of some products so to complement the solid perfume I had gotten earlier in the month, I bought the 16oz 3-In-1 shower gel. This was the product I had used first when I came across the scent.



The RRP for this is $24 but with the 20% discount and the additional email discount of 15%, I got this for $16.32.

Next thing, I bought a prezzie for my future nephew. I'm coming round. I've been having rather tender thoughts about him. One night I even had a dream about him. He's not even born yet, hehehe :D I knew I'd get over it. He can't help who his dad is but that's only half of who he is. The other half, the better half and I pray to God Almighty, the stronger half, comes from my beautiful sister and that is enough reason for me to love him. Continuing on.....



I'd been trying to figure out what I will get the kid since my sister seemed to be buying all sorts of stuff for him already. I finally settled on the Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders™ Soothe & Glow Seahorse™ above. The reviews for this product are overwhelmingly good, I'm truly surprised that so many people like this one little toy. I hope my nephew will love it too. This went for $12.74.

Last but not least, I decided to get this value pack of Emergen-C 1000 mg Vitamin C in the flavour Cranberry Pomegranate for $9.99. I've always wanted to try Emergen-C, heard loads of good things about it so thought since I had 15% off, why not get it. The discount meant I paid $8.49



All in all, my total spent for this final order is $46.04. The actual total was close to $164 I think. My sis got some other baby stuff as well and piggy-backed on the 15% discount. For my end, that's a pretty good haul.