Monday, January 21, 2013

my love affair continues.....

I wanted to dub 2012 "ZLENA'S YEAR OF SHOES" but since the whole shoe-buying didn't exactly end in 2012, I'm just gonna say my love affair with shoes continue on in 2013. Where I got myself 2 pairs of shoes from that new site in Homeland :D

The first pair continues on from my obsession with gladiator style heels. It's the Mojo Moxy Apollo wedges. LOL, I fell in love with the brand's name even before I got the shoe. Mojo Moxy sounds so cute to me for some reason. Anyways, I love wedged heels and I love strappy shoes and I have a definite thing for tan coloured shoes. Hence.....



So the shoes were $46.32 after I applied a 10% discount code. The sizing was a tad odd, I had never seen European sizes done in halves. I normally fit a 39 in EU sizing but since my usual size was OOS and what was available was 38.5, I decided to gamble on it. After making the purchase, I went googling to find out more about the brand and the shoes itself and was dismayed to read the reviews on the shoe I got. Most people said that it fit small so I was already imagining my big bunions would definitely pose a huge wedge (pun intended) to me and the Apollo finding happiness together. However, all that worrying was for naught. I got the shoes and they f-i-t just so. Phew!

In another order from Homeland shopping site, I also made my first Converse purchase. I always wanted a pair but can't figure out why I never got them before this. I realize I unconsciously associate Converse sneakers with what I'm going to refer to as 'a state of coolness'. Hehe, maybe I never felt "cool" enough before this.



These are the Converse All Star Ox Trainers. THEY ARE LEATHER, BABY! Love the fact that I got them in leather. I feel like the price of the original canvas shoes were too much to pay for before (aha, the true reason why I never got them has finally come to light) but when I saw these leather ones, I did not hesitate one bit. Another 10% discount code really did help make the decision for me too. I got these for USD65.21 after discount. I decided to go for the iconic blue colour.

And though this isn't a shoe get, I'm putting it in here anyways cos am totally lazy to come up with a whole other post. I got this lovely top in yet another order from the Homeland site and with a nice 15% discount for $24.93.



It's the ASOYA Pleated Chiffon Sleeves Lace Dress. I love it looks so dreamy and lovely. Of course, it's really too short to be worn as a dress and I'm really just gonna wear it as a tunic top but that doesn't detract from the fact that it is really a very pretty top.

DISCLAIMER:
All images are not mine.