Monday, January 21, 2013

i feel i've found a HG product.....

Yes, like finally, there is one product that I feel completely and utterly does what it advertises - Cargo's blu_ray HD pressed powder!



I've been using it for close to 3 weeks now and I really cannot find anything bad to say about it! I got this on a whim, I had heard good things about it but the buzz around Cargo is so minimal it was rather hard to justify getting a pressed powder that went for 30 something dollars. I am so glad I went for the kit which was 10 bucks more than the individual price of the powder and came with a full-size foundation/concealer, travel-size primer and travel-size bronzer.

Honestly, I am amazed by the quality of the products in the kit. I haven't really used the bronzer but from the swatch I did, I like the texture and the shade isn't too orange nor too muddy. The primer is looking like a win for me as well - increases overall staying power of my face products which currently consists of the Too Faced Beauty Balm and Cargo blu_ray HD powder. I am also really finding that the combination of these products truly do cut down sebum production on my face. The foundation/concealer is just alright. I find that it provides light coverage which is okay for people who do not have hyperpigmetation to cover up but for moi who has a few dark spots to conceal, it doesn't really get the job done. In fact, since we are on the topic, neither does the Tarte Maracuja creaseless concealer do much in terms of covering hyperpigmentation due to acne scarring. It does a great job of undereye circles but zit marks - eh, not so much. Yet to find a concealer that would truly do the job well in that department

Anyways, I know it's really early days still but like I said earlier, I truly cannot come up with one thing I don't like. The texture is smooth and it goes on well. I use the ELF flat-top powder brush to put in on top of my Too Faced Beauty Balm. I usually have issues with powders settling in creases and looking cakey but it has not ever happened with this at all! I mean, I have been actively looking to see the product settle into the fine lines but have not yet been able to catch that happening. I don't have to touch up either, a simple blot of my t-zone area suffices. The shade 30 which comes in the Medium kit also suits my skintone really well. And I guess whatever ingredients make up the HD portion of the powder really does do its job because I looked at the pictures of myself during the Kick-Off/Company Training weekend and I have to admit, with some modesty, I looked real good despite coming off of some really sweaty activities :D

Okay, I am on the verge of hoarding the product, lol, though I am gonna be patient and wait it out for a few more weeks. I don't know how long the compact will last with regular usage so will need to factor in product longevity as well. But what of it I know, I'm totally loving!