Thursday, September 10, 2009

i'm a bit pissed

Ok, this must be angry week or something. I'm pissy about Kimi and his F1 media coverage and now I'm a bit miffed about my purchase from FootSmart.

Effin hell, the bloody company charges exorbitant shipping rates. They totally negate the whole point of my buying from them. I am not going to be trusting of Google Shopping again. What a gullible fool I was to believe the multiple stars ranking this site actually meant something.


I was sure the shipping for purchases above USD50 was free since it boldly states so on the page but according to my boss, it's only free if you have a paid subscription to the site (for what I have no idea) and they return it in cashback form or something to that effect. And to top it all off, basically rubbing salt in the wound is the fact that their standard shipping is between 10-14 days and my boss is leaving soon so had to pay an additional USD3.99 for a rush job. What site has standard US ground shipping for that long? And then making your customers pay extra four bucks to get the item within 3-5 days which is only slightly faster than the standard period of shipping at all other online e-tailers I've used. What a con! If I had known I would have said to forget it and gotten the FitFlops from Piperlime or Bliss or somewhere else but since the transaction wasn't done by myself (my boss paid for it first), I'll just have to honour it.

I am not happy :(

UPDATE 12/09/09:
Ok, so I've calmed down somewhat. I'm still displeased with the paid shipping snafu and still do feel a bit conned but in the clear light of day, the shipping charge is normal for such items. I still do strongly feel the extra USD3.99 and the standard shipping period to be a complete insult to online buyers. But I'm less pissy, I went clothes shopping today and got myself 7 things so I'm still on a buyer's high :)